20th January 2012, 10:07 PM
poojasiwach

Is the optional paper of IPS held after first two paper?

Is obtional subject paper is held after first two paper?..please tell me i its true

21st January 2012, 08:18 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is the optional paper of IPS held after first two paper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poojasiwach View Post
Is obtional subject paper is held after first two paper?..please tell me i its true
Yes, It is True that you have to cracked the Preliminary examination first and then you are eligible to appear for Main examination.

Civil services examination is Conducted in 2 stages : Preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly You have to appear for the Preliminary examination, this examination is also called CSAT (Civil services aptitude test), This examination will be a common Test for all candidates. Those who cracked this examination are eligible to appear for Main examination. There are 2 papers in Preliminary examination and both are of same marks and Duration.

If you will be able to cracked this examination then you are eligible to appear for main examination.

Main examination is Descriptive and there are 9 papers in this exam, You have to choose the subjects for Main examination on the basis of Graduation. The Question Papers III to IX will be set both in Hindi and English.

So, Please Prepare well for Preliminary examination as per the syllabus, Only then you will be able to cracked this examination.

To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University and your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

So, please prepare well and then fill the application form online after 04/Feb/2012. If you need more Information then check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
21st January 2012, 08:35 PM
rvidyasagar

Default Re: Is the optional paper of IPS held after first two paper?

Quote:
The Preliminary Exams of Civil Services Examination (of which IPS is one of the constituents) has two papers. These papers are compulsory and common to all Civil Services.

Based on your performance, you may be selected for the Main Examination and the form sent to you by the UPSC. The optional subjects are covered in this Main Examination.

Normally, there will be a gap of about four to five months between the preliminary and Main exams. So, initially you should concentrate for the Prelims. Once you have done well in this, focus your attention on the optionals, for which you are getting ample time to prepare.

All the best.
22nd January 2012, 03:55 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Is the optional paper of IPS held after first two paper?

Quote:

Dear Aspirant!

UPSC conducts Civil service Exam for Selection to IPS. This Exam has Two stage as follows:

1. Preliminary Exam or CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test)

2. MAIN Exam

->For Main exam you have to clear CSAT exam first.

Structure of CSAT(Preliminary Exam) exam

Preliminary Exam has two papers: Paper1 & Paper2

MAIN EXAMINATION

The Civil Services Mains Examination consists of a written examination and an interview.In the Main exam consist 9-Papers, there is an optional papers that you have to chose according to your graduation.

The written examination will consist of the following papers :

So this is to inform you that You have to face the Optional papers in the MAIN Examination after Passing First two Papers of Preliminary Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?