22nd September 2012, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for UGC NET or Lecturer for colleges in Indian University after securing 53% marks in M.A degree

If a candidate secure 53% marks in his M.A. degree and secure 56% in M.phil. degree than can you tell me that Is he is eligible for UGC NET or Lecturer for Colleges of Indian Universities.

30th May 2013, 11:24 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UGC NET or Lecturer for colleges in Indian University after securing 53% marks in M.A degree

Yes, you are eligible for UGC NET, as you are an M.Phil degree holder. General qualification required to attend UGC NET exam is master’s degree. But master’s degree must be obtained with a minimum of 55% marks. As you got 56% marks in M.Phil you can apply. NET holders can join as Asst Professor in government colleges.
31st May 2013, 04:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for UGC NET or Lecturer for colleges in Indian University after securing 53% marks in M.A degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If a candidate secure 53% marks in his M.A. degree and secure 56% in M.phil. degree than can you tell me that Is he is eligible for UGC NET or Lecturer for Colleges of Indian Universities.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by the University Grants Commission.

This exam is conduct for -

1)JRF
2)Lectureship post
3)PHD admission

The Educational Qualification required for NET exam is masters degree .Your masters degree marks must be above 55% . 5% marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST category.

Yes , You are applicable for NET Exam.

There is a age criteria for Junior Research Fellowship .Your age should be below 28 years old. Age relaxation unto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC / ST / PWD / OBC .For the post of Lectureship , There is no upper age limit .

2013 June UGC NET exam notification :-

Last Date to Apply Online: 30 April, 2013
Last Date of Fees Submission: 2 May, 2013
Last Date of Receipt of Application: 8 May, 2013
Date of Exam: 30 June, 2013

For General candidates, the examination fee is Rs. 450/-; for Other Backward Classes fee is Rs. 225/- and for SC/ST/PWD candidates, it is Rs. 110/-. .

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?