27th December 2016, 07:45 PM
gajendar murmu

Possibility to appear in JEE Main again from NIOS board if already passed 12th from Jharkhand Board?

Hello sir, I have passed 12th from Jharkhand Board but can't get good marks so, I was appeared in 12th from NIOS and got 75% marks. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main again from NIOS board?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main being an NIOS candidate? Whether the subjects enlisted for JEE Main is as per NIOS Board?
  2. Value of NIOS education board certificate for IIT JEE examination?
  3. Syllabus of NIOS is same as that of ISC? Is NIOS valid for JEE Mains?
  4. Eligibility of changing board from CBSE to another after getting failed in 12th class? Eligibility for JEE mains after the same?
  5. Can I apply for 12th NIOS Board exam in this Summer if already appeared from UP Board?
  6. Can I get admission in IIT through JEE Main and Advanced if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board?
  7. Can I apply for JEE Main if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board? Documents required to submit?
  8. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  9. What should I mention in school column of JEE Main form if failed in West Bengal Board and appearing in 12th improvement from NIOS Board?
  10. Chances to appear in 12th exam from Jharkhand and NIOS board? -- [New]
  11. Syllabus of NIOS is same as ISC board? Is it necessary to give practical exam?
  12. Can I appear in JEE Main 2016 after clearing 12th from NIOS board? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I appear in JEE Main 2016 while appearing in NIOS Board 12th improvement exam?
  14. Possibility to appear in JEE Main for a candidate who hasn't appeared in Board exam?
  15. Possibility to appear in 12th NIOS for a candidate who has discontinued study 8 years ago?
  16. Can I appear in JEE Main 2017 if appearing in 12th board exams 2017?
  17. Can I appear in JEE Main 2016 from NIOS board?
  18. After 12th should I g for a job in government sector? I have passed 10th exam from Jharkhand board
28th December 2016, 11:18 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in JEE Main again from NIOS board if already passed 12th from Jharkhand Board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajendar murmu View Post
Hello sir, I have passed 12th from Jharkhand Board but can't get good marks so, I was appeared in 12th from NIOS and got 75% marks. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main again from NIOS board?
NIOS student from 12th standard are eligible for JEE Main exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
28th December 2016, 11:29 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in JEE Main again from NIOS board if already passed 12th from Jharkhand Board?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for JEE and after qualifying in examination eligible for admission in B.Tech/B.E course.

NIOS is a recognised board. The eligibility to appear for JEE is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's must have PCM as main paper.

There is three attempts to appear for JEE Main and two attempts to appear for Advanced examination.

So, you can appear for examination. The application form for examination is available now. To get more information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in.
28th December 2016, 12:17 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To appear for JEE the required eligibility is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board.

So, you will be eligible to appear for examination after passing 12th from NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) as it is a recognised board under ministry of HRD.

JEE is conducted in two stages

Main - 3 attempts

Advanced - 2 attempts

The attempts will be counted from year of appearing for 12th board examination.
28th December 2016, 05:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Joint Entrance examination on basis of National Institute of Open Schooling board marksheet. NIOS is government recognized board and its certificates are acceptable by all universities and institutes for higher studies.

The academic qualification required for JEE Main is that candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. JEE application for 2017 exam is going on, you can apply for this exam at official website of JEE Main.
28th December 2016, 10:27 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is national level admission test held for offering admission in B.Tech / B.E. degree course in any Centrally Funded Institutes of Technology and various private engineering colleges.

The same examination is held by CBSE in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

The minimum educational requirement for appearing in JEE Main examination is a higher secondary school degree with PCM group with at least 45% marks from a recognized board of education. Further to be eligible for admission in CFTIs , your aggregate in Class 12th must not be less than 75%.

So having passed your Class 12th with NIOS board which is one of the Central Board you are eligible for appearing in JEE Main if your age does not exceed 25 years by the 1st October of that year in which you are appearing in JEE.

For more details and FAQs related to JEE you can visit to its official website i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in.
28th December 2016, 10:27 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination after completion of your 12th standard from NIOS Board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a Government recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.

The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Main examination is three times that too in three consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. The upper age limit to appear in JEE Main examination is 25 years and upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?