14th August 2012, 01:50 PM
jazzkrishna

Is it possible to join MBA course through GATE Exam?

can gate help me to get into m.b.a?

14th August 2012, 05:31 PM
Sampath84
Junior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to join MBA course through GATE Exam?

Hai,

This is to inform that GATE is an entrance exam for M.Tech/M.E. or MSc programs but not for MBA program. So you can't able to join MBA course through GATE exam. There are so many entrance exams for MBA such as CAT,MAT, GMAT, SNAP, IBSAT, JMET, TANCET, ICET etc., for more exams you can search for below link.

Choose any exam as per your own interest and go through the model papers and try to attend well so that you will get good college in MBA.

All the best for your bright future.
14th August 2012, 06:11 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Unfortunately GATE is not an factor in MBA admission. You see GATE is a entrance exam for admission in M.Tech course. Those who have completed B.Tech can appear in the GATE entrance exam.

While to do MBA which stands for Masters of Business Administration, you need to appear in entrance exams such as CAT and MAT. These are the two main entrance exams which you need to crack in order to get admission in a MBA college. There are some colleges in India who accept CAT exam score while others accept the score of MAT exam.

Before you get confused about which exam to appear in, I should tell you that if you meet the criteria for CAT exam then It should be your first choice followed by MAT exam.

CAT Eligibility:

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. It is the most popular entrance exam for MBA studies in India. This is primary due to the fact that top B-Schools in India which you may know as IIMs accept the CAT score to give admission for MBA.

1. You need to complete graduation course in any stream from a recognised university.

2. You must obtain at least 50 percent marks in graduation course.

3. For SC/ST the requirement is 45 percent marks.

MAT Eligibility

Those who can't appear in Common Admission Test are advised to appear in Management Aptitude Test (MAT). The good thing about MAT exam is that its widely accepted in India and there is no percentage requirement. All you need is graduation degree and your age should be at least 21 years.

Other MBA entrance exams in India

IRMA

IIFT

SNAP

IBSAT

NMAT

XAT

ATMA
14th August 2012, 07:02 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

No , Its not possible to join MBA course through GATE Exam because GATE Exam is conducted every year for B.Tech pass outs to take admission in M.Tech.

So , If you Want to do MBA Course , then you have to go through entrance exams like MAT & CAT not the GATE Exam.

The Eligibility Criteria that you require to appear in MBA entrance exams are:

* You must have completed your graduation from any recognized college/university.

* You must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in your graduation.

* There is a relaxation of 5% marks for students belonging to reserved categories.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
14th August 2012, 07:59 PM
EALPExpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzkrishna View Post
::: MBA Program Details :::

MBA stands for master of business administration and this is a 2 years program containing the 4 semesters and you need to qualify 4 semesters for become a postgraduate students.

No it is not possible to MBA through GATE entrance exam and this is a common entrance exam for admission engineering field like B.E/B.Tech and M.Tech and M.Sc and etc, But not for MBA or MCA..

::: List Entrance Exams :::

If you really interested to continue your studies with MBA program you need to write the MBA entrance exams they include CAT and MAT and XAT and Other State MBA entrance exams.

::: Required Eligibility :::

For attending the MBA Admission Entrance exams, required educational qualifications are you must completed the graduation from recognized university and with 60% of marks for common entrance exams.

::: Accepting Colleges :::
  • Indian Institute of Management's
  • Xaviers Labour Relation Institue
  • Management Development Institute
  • Indian Institute of Management
  • S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
  • Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
  • Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
  • International Management Institute
  • Fore School of Management
  • Institute of Management Technology

~~ Regards
EALPExpert
14th August 2012, 08:28 PM
siddjain93

Quote:
Hi friend,

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is conducted by IITs and IISc Bangalore for the admission of candidates in the M.Tech course.

Unfortunately GATE exam in not for MBA course. You can not join MBA course through GATE exam. Only you can join M.Tech course through GATE exam in various IITs and IISc Bangalore.

If you are interested to do MBA. Then there are various MBA entrance exams conducted in India. In order to do MBA you must be Graduate in any stream. You must have minimum 50% marks in Graduation. For taking admission in top colleges of MBA you have to appear in various entrance exams . The entrance exams in which you can appear for the admission in
MBA course are-

CAT
MAT
GMAT
SNAP
IBSAT
JMET
TANCET
ICET

It is very necessary to choose good college for doing MBA in order to get good job. Because today there are huge number of candidates are going for MBA course. which makes it a very competitive course. If you will do MBA from a low level college then there is very less chance to get good job. I am providing you the ranking top 20 Management colleges in India. I will advice you to join these colleges by performing well in CAT exam. The ranking of colleges are-

1. (IIM Ahmedabad) Indian Institute of Management – Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad

2. (IIM Calcutta) Indian Institute of Management – Calcutta, Kolkata

3. (IIM Bangalore) Indian Institute of Management – Bangalore, Bangalore

4. (IIM Lucknow) Indian Institute of Management – Lucknow, Lucknow

5. (ISB Hyderabad) Indian School of Business, Hyderabad

6. (XLRI Jamshedpur) Xavier’s Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur

7. (FMS Delhi) Faculty of Management Studies – University of Delhi, Delhi

8. (IIM Kozhikode) Indian Institute of Management – Kozhikode, Kozhikode

9. (IIM Indore) Indian Institute of Management – Indore, Indore

10. (IIFT Delhi & Kolkata) Indian Institute of Foreign Trade – Delhi & Kolkata, Delhi

11. (JBIMS Mumbai) Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai

12. (SJMSoM IIT Bombay) Shailesh J Mehta School of Management – IIT Bombay, Mumbai

13. (SPJIMR Mumbai) SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai

14. (MDI Gurgaon) Management Development Institute, Gurgaon

15. (NITIE Mumbai) National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai

16. (NMIMS Mumbai) Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai

17. (SIBM Pune) Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune

18. (IMT Ghaziabad) Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad

19. (MICA Ahmedabad) Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad

20. (TISS Mumbai) Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
14th August 2012, 09:25 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

No , it is not possible to join MBA course through GATE.

GATE - GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING is an entrance exam for B.Tech. candidate only for admission to M.Tech. courses which is conducted by IIT.

MBA - MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is a post Graduation course and can be pursed through appearing and cracking CAT(Common Admission Test) conducted by IIM, MAT(Management Aptitude Test) conducted by AIMA.
14th August 2012, 10:16 PM
DASHARD

No dear ,through GATE exam you cannot get admission in MBA courses.

GATE exam is the entrance exam for admission into M.Tech courses.

for admission into MBA course you can give the following exams-
CAT
MBA-CET
MAT
TANCET MBA
OPEMAT
GMAT

good luck
14th August 2012, 10:41 PM
vishwasourabh

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to join MBA course through GATE Exam?

Quote:
hi friend,

You see GATE is a entrance exam for admission in M.Tech course. Those who have completed B.Tech can appear in the GATE entrance exam.

The Master of Business Administration ( MBA ) is one of the most coveted Post Graduate Qualifications across the world. Graduates of all types - Engineers, Science, Arts, Commerce, Doctors - aspire to this qualification. The following MBA Entrance Exam are used for getting MBA admission in Top B school.

Common Admission Test ( CAT ) :
Common Admission Test ( CAT ) is a Computer Based Test conducted by Indian Institutes of Management ( IIMs ) for selecting students for the Business Administration Programs. The test is conducted every year by one of the IIM\'s based on a policy of rotation.

Management Aptitude Test ( MAT ) :
Management Aptitude Test ( MAT ) is an Entrance test for admissions into MBA programs in various top B – schools and other institutes across the India. It is conducted by AIMA ( All India Management Association ) New Delhi. MAT is conducted 4 times in a year ( in February, May, September & December ).

Xavier Admission Test ( XAT ) :
The XLRI Admission Test prominently known as XAT is an All India test conducted by XLRI ( formerly known as Xavier Labour Relations Institute ), a business school in Jamshedpur, India, as an Entrance Test for its Management Programs as well as to many other reputed Top B - Schools in the country such as XIM ( Xavier Institute of Management ) Bhubaneswar and many other reputed B – Schools.

WWW.WINENTRANCE.COM

ALL THE BEST....
15th August 2012, 09:28 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->my dear friend its not possible to join MBA through GATE exam.

-->If you want your post graduation with MBA then you need to give the CAT exam.

-->CAT is an entrance exam that can be given for MBA and it stands for common admission test.

-->so work hard and go for CAT entrance test and score good rank to get admission in best university.

-->for more information you can visit their official website i.e
www.winentrance.com

all the best...go ahead and work hard!!!
19th March 2014, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Its definitely possible pgdie in nitie mumbai is only through gate but u need to have a good rank good luck
23rd June 2014, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my B.Tech final year. I wish to do MBA and i'm confused of choosing my specialization. What specialization should i choose so that i can get a good job..? I like maths.
19th November 2014, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Yes Its possible to get admission in MBA through GATE....
As some of IIMs provide Highr studies of MBA by GATE score ..
there are FPM programmes running in IIMs ...
13th February 2015, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

it is possible to pursue MBA after GATE.. there is only one college NITIE, Mumbai which allows students to take admission in MBA through GATE and CAT...
11th September 2016, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes it is possible to join mba course through GATE rank . You can do mba in NITIE MUMBAI in industrial management and also you can also do mba in several iims with stipends.
20th October 2020, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join MBA course through GATE Exam in nitie mumbai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?