15th February 2016, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to do diploma in software engineering after 12th commerce?

Hi sir, I have a query in my mind, Please solve my query as soon as possible. Can I do diploma in software engineering after 12th commerce ?

15th February 2016, 10:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do diploma in software engineering after 12th commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir, I have a query in my mind, Please solve my query as soon as possible. Can I do diploma in software engineering after 12th commerce ?
Yes, 12th commerce student are eligible for diploma in Software Engineering.

Those candidates who have passed matriculation/10th with Mathematics, Physical Science & English from Central or State Board recognized by Govt are eligible for diploma entrance exam.

Your age should be below 21 years.
15th February 2016, 10:57 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to do diploma in software engineering after 12th commerce?

Yes, you can definitely pursue diploma in software engineering after completion of 12th in Commerce. There is no problem as the admission in diploma course is done on the basis of 10th standard. So your 12th standard qualification will not be of value in this regard. You can appear in the entrance exam for polytechnic admission and get admission in the leading institutes for diploma course in software engineering.
15th February 2016, 10:58 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

For your kind information i want to clear to you that commerce stream is not base for software engineering. So you are not eligible for the software engineering on the basis of your 12th commerce. However you can go for the diploma in software engineering after completion of your 12th from the commerce stream. But you are not eligible for the bachelor degree after completion of your 12th from the commerce stream. For getting admission in the diploma course you have to appear in the Diploma Entry Test. Try to score good rank in the test because on behalf of this rank you will get good college for pursuing diploma.
16th February 2016, 01:56 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes you can do the course of Diploma in Engineering after Class 12th with Commerce.
You need to have completed your Class 10 with Mathematics and Science to be eligible to pursue the course of Diploma in Engineering.
You need to appear for the Junior Engineering Entrance Examination of your state and based on your rank in that Examination you will be provided admission to the colleges for the course of Diploma in Engineering.
This is the procedure you must follow to get admission to the course of Diploma in Engineering.
16th February 2016, 07:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to apply for polytechnic entrance exam for admission in diploma in software engineering course which is of 3 years duration. You are definitely eligible for this entrance exam.

Just try to perform well in the entrance exam because seats are allotted based on the rank through counselling.
16th February 2016, 11:24 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The aspirant can join Diploma in Software Engineering. The eligibility to study the course is a pass in 10th standard.As you have studied commerce group in 12th standard, you cannot join directly to the 2nd year. If you have studied physics, chemistry and mathematics in 10+2 then you are eligible for lateral entry. So you are not eligible for lateral entry, you have to study 3 years course. There will be an entrance examination in some states for the polytechnic admission. The course is available in many polytechnic colleges in India.
21st February 2016, 02:48 PM
monikasiri

Yes,you are eligible to join in Diploma after completing 12th commerce.10th standard is the eligibility criteria to get into any course in Diploma.To join in diploma,you should write the entrance exam conducted by the State Board of Technical Education.Ranks are allotted based on the marks scored in the entrance examination.Later,counselling is held and seat is allotted to you based on the rank.
14th September 2017, 05:23 PM
kunalroy89

Minimum criteria for admission in Diploma is 10th passed. If you are trying to take admission based on 12th result,you would be ineligible as 12th passed candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as main subjects which, you would haven't in your Commerce stream.
So better apply on basis of 10th certificate and get admission.
5th June 2018, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Hello i had done my 12 th from maharashtra state board and my percetange was 56 in 12 th and... 49 . 40 in 10 th std so i can go for software diploma. . !???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?