27th November 2015, 11:26 AM
Dhaneesha

Is it possible to study mbbs for btech students

Hai sir i completed my btech course in 2014. now i am interested to study mbbs to fulfill my dream. is it possible please give me reply sir

27th November 2015, 08:06 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to study mbbs for btech students

# As we all know that engineering and medical field are entirely different lines and fields.

# The decision taken by you to go for MBBS after B.Tech. course is quite awkward and strange. As there is no any logic to do MBBS after having B.Tech. degree.

# If you want to become a medical practitioner, then why did you go for B.Tech. course and wasted precious years of life.

# I would like to put light on followings few points if you go for MBBS even after completing B.Tech. degree:-

* In order to pursue MBBS degree, one must have studied Biology (Botany and Zoology) in the 10+2 level along with other science subjects such as Physics and Chemistry.

* If you go for MBBS degree at this juncture of life, then it would be wastage of years taken in the completion of B.Tech. degree course.

* It takes about 5.5 years to complete the MBBS degree course. Further higher studies such as MD or MS courses takes two or three years. In this way, you will have put at least 8 years more on studies.

* After completion of MBBS course, you may face problem in setting up your practice smoothly at initial level.

# My personal view is that you should go for either for further higher studies such as M.Tech. course or you may go for any government job or private job.
17th June 2023, 12:32 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Default Re: Is it possible to study mbbs for btech students

Yes, it is possible for B.Tech students to pursue an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) degree, but it would require additional steps and preparation. Here are some important points to consider:

Eligibility: The eligibility criteria for MBBS admission vary across countries and institutions. In many countries, including India, the eligibility requirements for MBBS programs often include specific pre-medical subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English at the 10+2 level. B.Tech students typically have a background in science and mathematics, but they may need to fulfill the specific requirements for biology and other pre-medical subjects, which might involve additional coursework or exams.

Entrance Exams: Most medical schools have their own entrance exams or accept scores from national-level medical entrance exams. These exams assess the candidates' knowledge in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and sometimes also include sections on logical reasoning and English language proficiency. B.Tech students interested in MBBS would need to prepare for these exams, even if they have a strong science foundation.

Additional Requirements: Some medical schools may have additional requirements, such as minimum marks or percentile cutoffs, resident or citizenship criteria, or specific quotas for certain categories. It is essential to research and understand the specific admission requirements of the medical schools you are interested in.

Preparation: B.Tech students interested in pursuing MBBS should be prepared to invest time in preparing for the required entrance exams and fulfill any additional requirements. This may involve studying biology and other pre-medical subjects, practicing for entrance exams, and possibly seeking guidance from mentors or coaching institutes specialized in medical entrance exam preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?