8th February 2016, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to become an IPS Officer after qualifying UPSC exam?

I want to ask that, what is the procedure to become a proper Ips officer after qualifying upsc exam? Kind do explain me the procedure in details.

8th February 2016, 05:50 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become an IPS Officer after qualifying UPSC exam?

UPSC conducts Civil Services examination for IAS, IPS etc.

Once you crack Civil Services examination all stages which is Preliminary , Mains and Interview, a rank list is prepared and if you fall under rank upto which IPS is alloted which you will be eligible for this services.

Then you need to meet physical criteria for the service. After that you have will some months of training at LBSNAA and then IPS training at National Police Academy, Hyderabad.
8th February 2016, 07:13 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts Civil Service examination for recruitment of candidates as IAS, IPS, IFS etc..

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview and after qualifying in all the stages you are eligible for final recruitment.

Before final recruitment you have to go through training period of some months. Then you will become eligible for final recruitment.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th February 2016, 10:46 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Indian Police Service

Indian Police Services (IPS) is one of the good job of our country. Every year Union Public Service commission (UPSC) conducted Civil service examination.

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Examination :

Academic Qualification-
--> Pass graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in this examination.

Age Limit-
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for reservation category.

Physical Standard - The Applicant age should be Physically as well as Medically Fit.

These are the basic eligibility criteria to appear in the IPS entrance examination. If you satisfy the above mention eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IPS examination. For any more information regarding IPS examination please visit the official website of UPSC : http://www.upsc.gov.in

Best Books for IPS Examination :-
- IAS Preliminary Examination ( Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency ) by Upscportal
- CSAT ( General Studies ) by TMH
- Civil Services Examination (Preliminary & Main ) by M S Bhatia.
- UPSC IAS Civil Services Examination Syllabus by Gkp.
- IAS Examination ( Solved Papers ) by Siddharth Mittal.
26th January 2017, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Hi my name is Ajay chandran .C.A studying in 10th standard my Ambition to become a IPS officer I like this I studied very well to bring the job but I don't know the stages of the IPS examination do you help me this is my dream
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?