7th November 2017, 07:24 AM
Unregistered

Procedure and criteria required to apply for Air Force while studying in 12th standard?

I am studying 12 the. I am also a biology student but I don't have interest in study medicine. From my childhood, my aim is to join in Air Force. What should I do to join in Air Force? Do I need to be tall? Is there any entrance exam for it? How much percentage should I score in my 12th exam? Please give me the full details about AIF. Thank you. I have searched on many sites but the information is not clear. You are my only hope.

8th November 2017, 01:58 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and criteria required to apply for Air Force while studying in 12th standard?

You cannot apply for the air force with your subjects as physics chemistry and Biology. For getting eligible in the exam of air force you should be physics chemistry and mathematics. If you do not have maths than you cannot apply for Indian air Force.

The eligibility condition for Indian Air Force is minimum of 60% in 12th and 10th class and taking the subjects and PCM in 12th class.
8th November 2017, 03:06 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and criteria required to apply for Air Force while studying in 12th standard?

For recruitment in Air Force it is mandatory to have mathematics and physics in 12th std.

So, you are not eligible to appear in entrance examination for recruitment in Air Force without Mathematics in 12th.

But, you can appear in entrance examination conducted for recruitment in defence services ( only in Indian Army ).

The entrance examination for recruitment in Indian Army is conducted by UPSC as well as Indian Army.

For detail information visit at www.upsc..gov.in or www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
8th November 2017, 07:09 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Students after senior secondary board exams can apply for National Defence Academy entrance exam for joining Air Force.

Eligibility criteria for NDA for Air Force exam:

1. PCM subjects in 10+2 are necessary. Without studying these subjects, you can not apply for this exam.

Biology stream candidates after 10+2 can not apply for this exam. You can pursue bachelor's degree to become eligible for Ground duty branch of AFCAT exam.
8th November 2017, 08:10 PM
SandyRockstar
Junior Member+

If you have Mathematics as optional subject in medical stream then NDA will be the best option available for you to join Air Force. NDA stands for national defence academy. This academy recruit students for defence forces like Army, Navy & Airforce. If you want to joint airforce then select Airforce as your prior choice.

Selection procedure is quite simple. You need to clear 3 stages of selection procedure. 1st is written examination 2nd is SSB and 3rd is Medical examination. If you clarify all these stages then you will be recruit to academy. You will get complete information regarding NDA in their official notification which will be available on UPSC official website.
8th November 2017, 08:43 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To join Air Force, you have to apply for NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility criteria required to apply for NDA examination for joining in Air Force is mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board.

3. You should be in the age range of 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years.

4. You should be an unmarried male candidate.

5. You should be physically as well as mentally healthy.

So, being a Biology student, you have not pursued Mathematics subject in your 12th standard, so, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining Air Force.
8th November 2017, 10:15 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For getting recruited in Air Force while studying in 12th standard, you can apply through NDA Exam.

NDA Exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

But you can apply for Air Force wing of NDA only if you have opted for Physics and Maths stream in 10+2.

Without Physics and Maths, you will be allowed to apply for Army wing of NDA Exam only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?