15th December 2009, 08:14 PM
aakriti

Procedure to do biotech?

sir/mam
i'm in +2.hv PCMB as main subjects.i want to know the procedure of doing bio.tech. and plz tell me the dates of entrance exam of various colleges offering BSc and B.tech...........i'll be greatful to u...

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D in Biotech?
  2. Procedure to get admission for M.Sc Agri Biotech after completion of B.Sc in Agri Biotech?
  3. What is the procedure followed to apply for M.Sc Biotech in abroad after completion of B.Sc Biotech?
  4. Do ABL Biotechnologies Ltd and Chemcel Biotech Ltd provide internship to B.Sc Biotech student? Procedure to join it? -- [New]
  5. Is it possible to do M.A after graduating in Biotech?
  6. List of top institutes in India offering MSc Biotech course? What is their total seat capacity? What is the admission procedure?
  7. How to go for MS or Ph.D from Germany in Biotech or Life Sciences?
  8. List of government and private colleges for Pharma.D, B.Pharma and BSc Biotech? What is the admission procedure and fee structure of the colleges? What is the eligibility criteria? Am I applicable for B.E Biotech if my subject in 12th was Biology? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Best universities in India for MSc Biotech and Biochemistry? What is the fee structure and the entrance procedure?
  10. Which are the courses after Agricultural biotech? What is the procedure? How to apply?
  11. What is the procedure followed for applying internship while doing BioTech course?
  12. Are this years Biotech exam forms available? What is the admission procedure for Biotech admission in BHU?
  13. Am I elgible to do Ph.D in Biotech after completion of M.Sc Biotechnology?
  14. List of Biotech companies in which I can do internship? Procedure to apply for the internship?
  15. How to get admission in IIT for UG Biotech course? Procedure for application for exam?
  16. Scope after B.E (Biotechnology) in CFTRI?
  17. Scope of research in Biotech? Which are the good institutes? Procedure to take admission?
  18. What is the procedure to take admission in G.E? I am a BSc Biotech final year student
29th December 2009, 09:25 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Procedure to do biotech?

you can join biotech course after your +2,
you can apply to colleges having biotechnology,
all the best
31st December 2009, 10:12 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

if you are very much interested then you can take biotechnology as a subject in 12 th only....and so you will be eligible for further studies in biotechnology.....
or through aieee exam also you can get biotechnology seat in nits........and you will be placed from there ........
best of luck
31st December 2009, 11:32 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

you can persue b.sc biotech,after your +2 differnt institutes conduct different entrance for it,while some offers direct amission.

for example amity university offer 100 percent scholarship + direct admission to meritorious students.
31st December 2009, 11:48 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

Biotech is one of the emerging fields of science that has lot of opportunities so in order to pursue biotech you can either write entrance exams for it or can apply biotech courses in B.E./B.tech. or B.sc.
1st January 2010, 02:07 PM
BIOINFORMATICS

Hello,

It is better to do a BSc in Biotechnology than BE, since it will also increase your employability

For BSc Biotechnology you have to enquire about the procedure with the concerned college

For Entrance into BE Biotechnology in colleges in Karnataka, you have to attend the CET and/or COMED-K held in April/May.
For Colleges outside Karnataka(all India) you have to attempt IIT-JEE etc

All the Best!!
2nd January 2010, 05:53 PM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

Hi
you need 10+2 pcb. Ang 60% marks agreegrade
good luck
3rd January 2010, 01:37 AM
ryan
Senior Member+

you need to get atleast 60% marks in12th so that you can take several enterence exams for biotech.you can take AIEEE and get into NIT's like NIT durgapur and some other NIT's about which you can information from AIEEE brochure,which offer B.TECH in biotechnology.
3rd January 2010, 01:42 PM
kusum singal

For biotech u must have 60%result in 12th.its a 4year course.there are many colleges which have biotech.course.
4th January 2010, 12:36 AM
rohit kumar singh

u can dp b.tech.in biotech as well as Bsc.in biotech ..for B.Tech u have to appear in various entrance test like IIT,UPTU etc..private and government both type of institutes offers Biotech course...so dont worry...all d best
29th January 2010, 08:40 PM
tanisha

i'm in std 12.hv taken PCMB as main subjects.wantd 2 knw the procedure of gettin admission bio.tech colleges and plz tell me the dates of entrance exam of various colleges offering BSc and B.tech in maharashtra,gujarat and delhi
15th February 2010, 10:43 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility: 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks in PCB
18th February 2010, 12:22 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

you can join for biotechnology after 12th,and there is many college or institute which provides this course,
and for this you have to appear in the aieee examination or iit jee examination or any other state engineering entrance exam or the entrance exam conducted by the university.and then you can take admission in iit,nit,and other state college for biotechnology.
18th February 2010, 12:27 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

you can join for biotechnology after 12th,and there is many college or institute which provides this course,
and for this you have to appear in the aieee examination or iit jee examination or any other state engineering entrance exam or the entrance exam conducted by the university.and then you can take admission in iit,nit,and other state college for biotechnology.
19th February 2010, 01:24 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

after passing out of +2 standard you can join for biotechnology in different institutes.
it has a great vogue now-a-days and has better opportunities in future.
but you must have atleast 60% marks in +2 examination.
after that you can sit for AIEEE,IIT JEE,any state level engineering entrance examination. you can do this course from some colleges also.
best of luck for your future.
27th February 2010, 11:28 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join a course in biotechnology you must have a background in science, that is Physics or agriculture, chemistry and biology at the intermediate level can join for B.Tech. In India, some universities offer the B.Sc biotechnology which one can join after class 12.
14th March 2010, 08:24 PM
jacobchacko

Lightbulb Re: Procedure to do biotech?

sir/mam,
I'm now in 11thstd. I want to study biotech after my 12th std. I want to give my CET-(PCB), tell me whether I'm eligible to do biotech, or I hav to give any other exam. After 12th, is there any other exams to write to opt for biotech? From Rini:
14th March 2010, 08:46 PM
jacobchacko

sir/mam,
I'm now in 11thstd. I want to study biotech after my 12th std. I want to give my CET-(PCB), tell me whether I'm eligible to do biotech, or I hav to give any other exam. After 12th, is there any other exams to write to opt for biotech? From Rini.
14th March 2010, 09:12 PM
jacobchacko

Default Procedure to do biotech?

sir/mam,
I'm now in 11thstd. I want to study biotech after my 12th std. I want to give my CET-(PCB), tell me whether I'm eligible to do biotech, or I hav to give any other exam. After 12th, is there any other exams to write to opt for biotech? From Rini.
28th April 2010, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

after finishing 12th(first or second group) or polytechnic (biology) which is more useful for do biotechnology
19th July 2010, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

how many seats of bio.tech in aieee
20th July 2010, 12:33 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi
as the bitech course is offered by the different engineering colleges so it is must that you shhould have to give the entrance exam of the engineering the list of the entrance exam are as follow
iit
aieee and many more
20th July 2010, 06:17 PM
sharad3010

you cn go for a b.tech in biotechnology/bioinformatics/biomedical engineering etc,for this you need to give exams of the institutes you wish to join.....like vellore institue of technology,srm....n also aieee for various coleges.....keep a track on the forms....they usually come during the last quater of the year,u can apply while in class 12.
if not a b.tech you can go for a b.sc from a good university followed by a masters degree in biotechnology.
all the best for ur future.
23rd July 2010, 11:19 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

some of the good colleges are:
1. nit allahabad
2. nit bhopal
3. sastra,tp
4. npti durgapur
5. hbti,kanpur

you have to fill forms in biotech after your 12th science.
you can take pcmb or pcb group in 12th.
29th August 2010, 05:22 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,
You can get chance in Bio-Tech through AIEEE,IIT-JEE,WBJEE etc exams.
some important colleges get admission directly as an example
Amity University offer 100 percent scholarship as well as direct admission to meritorious students.,
for this you must have 50% in PCM of 12th class.

Good luck.
31st August 2010, 01:30 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

bio technology is a very demanding stream now a days.. you can go for that.. for that you have to appear in entrance exams like IIT JEE, AIEEE... after that you can take admission in Btech in biotechnology..

you can also go for Bsc in biotechnology..

all the best..
15th October 2010, 11:13 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Hi friend,

Since you did your 12th from PCMB , you are eligible to take JEE as well as AIEEE exam. However apart from these you can write following exam:
-Engineering Agriculture and Medicine Common Entrance Test (EAMCET 2010) [Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University] in May 30
-COMMON ENTRANCE TESTS (CET- 2009) Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGIU) Common Entrance Test (CET – 2009- 2010)May 24
-Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Entrance Examination-May 17
-State Entrance Examination
-Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination: Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) May 18
-Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) Combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination
However apart from these there are some institutes specially for biotechnology degree:
-KS Rangasamy College of Arts and Science, KSRCAS : BSc (Biotechnology)
-Institute of Public Health and Hygiene (IPHH), Bsc (Bio – Technology),New Delhi
-Sardar Bhagwan Singh Post Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences and Research (SBSPGIBSR),BSc (Biotechnology CBZ)
-Dayananda Sagar Institutions (DSI),BSc (Biotechnology),Bangalore
Refer this site for further intro:

http://www.admissionnews.com/biotech...sionindia.aspx
You can achieve degree from these but it is better to get it from good one like IITs and NITs.
16th October 2010, 12:19 AM
vik111

Dear,

you need to get atleast 60% marks in12th so that you can take several enterence exams for biotech.

you can take AIEEE and get into NIT's like NIT durgapur and some other NIT's about which you can information from AIEEE brochure,which offer B.TECH in biotechnology.

all the best
16th October 2010, 12:21 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

to do biotech you shoul clear the exam for it like you can give the entranch exams for the
IIT,AIEEE,UPTU,RPTU after securing good rank you can get admission in the biotechnology ok best of luck
16th October 2010, 12:40 PM

biotechnology is agood option but it will be better for you do to do.B.tech in Biochemistrty and biochemical technology coming under biotechnology and there are many colleges conducting these exams are:-
SHIATS,Allahabad. amity university noida, jaipur, lucknow and DU,LU and AU, integral university etc.
10th November 2010, 04:23 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
you can persue b.sc biotech,after your +2 in different institutes ...or you can take up CET conducted by the karnataka government and join engineering biotech..

good luck
14th July 2011, 07:58 PM
Civil Services
Junior Member+

If you have PCB in 12th subjects then you can apply for Bio.tech,
it is a good stream for bio students.
8th October 2011, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

m in 11std now...
i have taken pcbbt..(phy,chm,bio and biotechnology)
i dont know what all to do after completing std 12..
i wanted to go in biotech field where i can get jobs of high salary easily...
suggest me colleges in delhi for that admission procedure courses .....
what to do once after i completed the course and also what kinda job will i be eligible aftr that.
23rd October 2011, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects to appear in b e biotechnology entrance exam /// pcb or pcm
8th May 2013, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

should we write any entrance exam for BE biotechnology,what are the subjects in BE biotechnology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?