20th June 2017, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to get into railway colleges after completion of intermediate?

I am done with intermediate with 89.3% aggregate and I want join in railways and how can i get into one of those railway colleges and will there be a successful life if we get into railways? Can you please guide me with the details? Thanks!

22nd June 2017, 10:01 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get into railway colleges after completion of intermediate?

SCRA (Special Class Railway Apprentices) exam is conducted by UPSC for giving admissions in the Railway university. The eligibility, admission process is mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan.
- The candidate should clear their 10+2 or equivalent examination in 1st or 2nd level of distinction having PCM subjects from any recognized board of India.
- The age limit is 17 - 21 years. There is 3 years age relaxation for OBC, 5 years for SC/ ST, 10 years for PwD, 5 years for defense kids.

Admission process:
- You need to apply for the SCRA exam. The application forms are available in their official website. You need to fill the application form and submit it.
- You need to attend & qualify in the exam.
- The qualified candidates are called for interview. They conduct medical test for the qualified candidates.
- The admissions are given on the basis of written test and interview performance.

The syllabus for the written test includes physics, mathematics, chemistry, English, general knowledge, psychological test. The syllabus is from 10th & 12th class topics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?