6th February 2017, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Proper strategy for the preparation of IAS exam for a B.Tech IT candidate? Which subject should I choose for it?

Hello sir, I am currently studying in 3rd year of B.Tech IT and my ambition is to become an IAS. Please provide me a proper strategy to prepare for IAS exam? Which subject should I choose for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  2. How can I prepare to qualify in GATE being a B.Tech(ME) 2nd year student?
  3. Best coaching centre in Delhi for PCS? Fee for 1 year course?
  4. List of books for self study of IAS exam preparation
  5. How to prepare for IAS while doing B.Tech course?
  6. Which subject an IT student should chose for IAS preparation?
  7. Which subjects can I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? Will the public administrator and history subjects are good for me?
  8. How many years one should prepare for IAS? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Which subject is better for a B.Tech CSE student for IAS exam? How many subjects to be taken for preparation?
  10. Which subjects will be there for preparation for IAS and IPS exam? Is there any chance to choose any subject form any medical course
  11. Which optional to choose for IAS exam?
  12. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  13. How to prepare for UPSC exam while studying in 2nd year of Medical course? Which subject should I choose for it? Is there any online coaching for it?
  14. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in CSE?
  15. What strategy should I adapt to prepare for IAS Exam for the year 2013? Which is the best Coaching Center for IAS Exam in Lucknow?
  16. Pattern of IAS exam and strategy of preparation for MBBS 2nd year's student? Should I join any coaching institute for it?
  17. Which optional subjects should Mechanical Engineering students choose?
  18. How to apply for BARC UDC exam? Proper strategy to prepare for it with General Knowledge?
19th February 2017, 09:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Proper strategy for the preparation of IAS exam for a B.Tech IT candidate? Which subject should I choose for it?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination for different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc. Candidates who have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university can apply for this examination. The age limit for Civil Services exam is 21-32 years.

B.Tech IT candidates are eligible for Civil Services exam if they have attained minimum age of 21 years.

Proper strategy for IAS entrance examination:

>>First develop basic concepts of each general studies subjects like Political Science, History, Geography, Economics etc. You can develop foundation of these subjects with help of NCERT books of these subjects.

>>After these NCERT books, you can read standard books like Polity by Laxmikant, History by Majid Hussain, Economics by Ramesh Singh, History by Bipan Chandra etc.

>>Do revision of these books as much as possible. Read The Hindu or Indian Express newspaper daily and be updated with current affairs.

>>You can join test series of any coaching for assessment of your performance.

Selection of optional subject should be done on your interest. You can select subject in which you have interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?