20th June 2010, 10:54 PM
Preethi shetty

Pros and cons of doing B.E degree in ECE and Computer engineering in India? Prospects of doing MS in these courses in USA?

I would like to know of the pros and cons of doing a BE degree in electronics and communication engineering degree and computer science engineering degree in india. Also what are th prospects of doing an MS in the above mentioned field in USA

Related Questions:
  1. What are the pros and cons of pursuing engineering?
  2. What are the Pros and Cons to study MS in Abroad for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  3. Pros and Cons to study MS in Abroad for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  4. What are the pros and cons of doing Post Graduation?
  5. Prospects of getting a Ph.D course in USA after doing M.D in Pharmacology from India with good research experience? Job prospects in India after completing Ph.D from USA?
  6. Basic requirements and qualification required to study Master degree in University of Toronto or McGill University for B.E.(Biomedical Engineering) student?
  7. Government job or private job, which is better?
  8. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  9. Which degree to choose in USA after completion of diploma in computer engineering? -- [New]
  10. Future prospects of doing MS in USA? Is USA better or UK for studying MS?
  11. List of courses available in USA for B.E.(ECE) student?
  12. How to proceed to do PG in USA after BDS in India?
  13. Career prospects in India after doing Masters in Economics from USA?
  14. What are the prospects after doing MS from Reputable University in USA?
  15. Whether to opt for ECE or CSE or IT? How is ECE for girls?
  16. Can I study Master's Degree in USA if completed B.Tech from Distance Education and having secured 6.5 Bands in IELTS?
  17. which are the subjects included in IT? Does IT has good scope in future? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What do I have to do after passing 12th? I am in 12th
4th April 2011, 03:21 AM
dava

Default Re: Pros and cons of doing B.E degree in ECE and Computer engineering in India? Prospects of doing MS in these courses in USA?

Both the degrees that you have mentioned are very fine engineering streams in their own fields . The two courses are useful and applied in many places and in day to day living

Check this link for EC engg pros http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_scope_of_electronics_and_communication _engineering
The jobs are demanding and so needed skilled workers , so it is important that you have good knowledge on the subject .But unlike CSE, EC guys dont have many options .

The computer today is required every where , the job scope is vast . There are so many software programs you can work with so u can choose and gain perfection in any of them . The thing is you must be logical a bit creative to write in or play with those programs, it would be very difficult and boring if you r not interested.

And finally you can do Ms on both the programs , because in US both the courses have equal need and preference but i would give computer science the Edge .
11th July 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Pros and cons of doing B.E degree in ECE and Computer engineering in India? Prospects of doing MS in these courses in USA?

what are the job oppurtunities after doing msc integrated course from a reputed institution
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?