20th February 2015, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Pros and Cons to study MS in Abroad for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) student?

I am about to complete my Bachelors of Engineering in Mechanical stream and wish to do post graduation and I'm totally not interested in doing job without mastering my subject.
My major issue of discussing this is that I'm seeking for the proper guidance needed for my masters which I wish to do abroad. I want a proper guidance of most of the good universities and colleges offering MS degree related to Mechanical stream. Also wish to know the cons and pros of doing that.
Waiting for the positive reply which will really help me.
Thanking you.

Related Questions:
  1. Pros and Cons to study MS in Abroad for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  2. What are the pros and cons of pursuing engineering?
  3. Which course is better between MBA and M.Com?
  4. Pros and cons of doing B.E degree in ECE and Computer engineering in India? Prospects of doing MS in these courses in USA?
  5. Government job or private job, which is better?
  6. Does MD degree give an edge over other for getting admission in Ph.D in USA if I have a good research background? How much will I be paid in India?
  7. Basic requirements and qualification required to study Master degree in University of Toronto or McGill University for B.E.(Biomedical Engineering) student?
  8. How to get admission for doing MS in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Institutes which offer mass communication and media studies? Pros and cons of taking the subject as choice in graduation?
  10. Difference between IAS and MBA?
  11. Qualification needed to study abroad in Computer Science and Engineering branch?
  12. How should I study abroad? I am a 2nd year ECE student
  13. Courses available to study in Abroad for B.E.(Production Engineering) 3rd year student?
  14. How can I give exam as an ex-student for GTU 3rd semester in computer engineering course of BE? What is the value of GTU degree in abroad?
  15. Which exam to answer to go abroad to study after 10th? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. B.Tech in Abroad with scholarship for 12th PCM student?
  17. What is the procedure of studying MCA course from abroad after completing BCA from India?
  18. Marks required in engineering to study in Abroad? How to apply for it?
23rd February 2015, 10:33 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Pros and Cons to study MS in Abroad for B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) student?

The top universities to pursue mechanical engineering are:-
1. Massachusetts Institute Of Technology CAMBRIDGE
2. Stanford University STANFORD
3. University Of Michigan Ann Arbor
4. Univ Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign URBANA
5. University Of California-Berkeley BERKELEY
6. California Institute Technology PASADENA
7. Princeton University PRINCETON
8. Cornell University ITHACA
9. University Of Texas At Austin AUSTIN
10. University Of Minnesota MINNEAPOLIS

Pros of the course:-
- You will be globally recognized and will have higher educational qualifications.
- The infrastructure and teaching is better in abroad.
- The job scope is more in abroad.

Cons of the course:-
- Competition is very high, hence getting chance in the top universities is really tough.
- There will be more expense in abroad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?