1st August 2011, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Qualification required to join Merchant navy after passing 12th and Mechanical Fitter?

im passed on 12th humanites and mechanical fitter...can i join merchant navy

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  2. How can I get into Merchant Navy as a Fitter/Trainee?
  3. How to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What percentage is required for it? Is there any scope for girls in Merchant navy?
  4. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  5. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  6. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  7. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. How can I join Merchant Navy after passing B.E Mechanical?
  9. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the procedure?
  10. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. I am 26 year and 3 months old(BE Mechanical) : Can I join Merchant Navy? Procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  12. Is there any opportunity to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th?
  13. Should I join Merchant Navy after passing commerce with 75% in 12th boards? What is the scope for commerce students in Merchant Navy?
  14. Am I eligible for merchant navy after passing 12th?
  15. How to join merchant navy after B.Tech in mechanical? -- [New]
  16. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  17. How can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th from science?
  18. How can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th from science?
2nd August 2011, 08:52 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Qualification required to join Merchant navy after passing 12th and Mechanical Fitter?

To become a merchant navy officer, one needs to be atleast 10+2 or a diploma holder...but you must have scored more than 60% in PCM in 12th board..............

Quote:
im passed on 12th humanites and mechanical fitter
So sorry but merchant navy is not applicable for Humanities students....

But if you really want to join armed force complete your graduation and apply for armed force that will give you more respectful position....
2nd August 2011, 11:04 AM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Thumbs up Re: Qualification required to join Merchant navy after passing 12th and Mechanical Fitter?

The Merchant Navy is a non-combatant commercial fleet, which deals with transporting cargo,passengers,by sea.Merchant Navy performs three basic areas of a ship and they are the Deck, the Engine and the Saloon Department.You could join Merchant Navy through courses like B.E Marine Engineering,B.Sc Nautical Science,M.E Marine Engineering and the eligibility needed for doing these courses are :

B.E Marine Engineering:

Duration: 4 years

Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English

B.S.C Nautical Science:

Duration: 3 years

M.E Marine Engineering:

Duration: 2 years

Eligibility: B.E Marine Engineering.

Thank you.
2nd August 2011, 11:26 AM
saurav9889

Default Re: Qualification required to join Merchant navy after passing 12th and Mechanical Fitter?

my friend for merchant navy as well as for nda you should have physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects in your +2. since you are from arts stream hence u are not eligable to appear for merchant navy but yes after graduation u can apply for cds which does not require physics and maths as compulsory subjects.
2nd August 2011, 02:06 PM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: Qualification required to join Merchant navy after passing 12th and Mechanical Fitter?

Sorry, Merchant navy is not applicable for Humanities students.
To become a merchant navy officer, at first you have to passed 10+2 with more than 60% in PCM.

But if you really want to join armed force, first complete your graduation and apply for armed force that will give you more respectful position.

Thanks!
2nd August 2011, 06:30 PM
aroy8091

to join Merchant navy or Mechanical fitter you what you basically need is PCM in 12th standard that too with a min of 60%
2nd August 2011, 06:36 PM
aroy8091

If you ar an arts student no need to be upset.You will definitely get an opportunity after you complete your graduation i.e you can apply for CDS to know more about this check out the web site http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm
2nd August 2011, 06:38 PM
aroy8091

If you are an arts student no need to be upset.You will definitely get an opportunity after you complete your graduation i.e you can apply for CDS to know more about this check out the web site http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/cds.htm
25th September 2011, 04:17 AM
Unregistered

what does the 12th mean
19th October 2011, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

how much money is paid to a person if we join after class12
25th October 2011, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

sir i complete the iti fitter and then diploma in mechanical engineering in distance education i want a job in indian navy
5th December 2011, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

I AM NARENDRA MANDLOI AFTER 12 I AM PASS BUT MY SUBJECT IS COMMERS MATH SO I AM JOIN THE NAVY
19th January 2012, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

what is BE Marine engg,
what is our salary If i'am join merchant navy after 12th with 75% inPCM ?
23rd January 2012, 07:02 AM
adlsm

here are the details :
B.E Marine Engineering:

Duration: 4 years

B.S.C Nautical Science:

Duration: 3 years

M.E Marine Engineering:

Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: B.E Marine Engineering.

GOOD LUCK.
15th February 2012, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
I have completed my 12th with PCM but couldn't score more than 43%, and after that I have completed my graduation B.A. (English Hons.) and also done 1year diploma course in computer. i.e. (HDOA) Honors diploma in office administration, also I'm having one year of experience working in MNC in service industry.
Am I eligible for merchant navy in any department either on cargo or on cruise ships
26th April 2012, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

hi, i m 12th passed from commerce can i join the merchant navy in any way?
10th January 2013, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

i'm a B.E student in Information Technology field can i join the merchant navy.....???????????Avinash
14th January 2013, 03:43 PM
educationindia
Senior Member+

Hi Friends.............

The qualifications required to join Merchant Navy is:

1.12th pass with 60% in Maths, Physics & Chemistry

ALL THE BEST..........
22nd February 2013, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

I am a girl...and I have passed class 12 exam with good percentages...how can i join merchant navy?????
23rd February 2013, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

we can joing navy after passing 12th from arts?
23rd February 2013, 08:16 PM
mayankt

Hi,

Dear Friend;
A career in merchant navy is very much adventurous as well as interesting. In marine field only mens were eligible earlier time, now a days there are many career opportunities avaialble for both men and womens.
The following courses prepare the aspirants to join Merchant Navy.
1 year course for Graduate Mechanical Engineers
2 year course for Diploma Holders
3 month course for Deck Cadets for (10+2) students
Marine Engineering for (10+2) students, 4 year degree course
Nautical Science for (10+2) students, 3 year duration course
There following are top most institutes that provides training of the above said courses:-
Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.
Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.
Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
All the best
6th June 2013, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 58.9% in board(12th) & 53% in pcm can i get admission in merchant navy ????????
8th June 2013, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

CAN I JOIN MERCHANT NAVY AFTER DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING?
17th December 2014, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

hii... i am Sourav ...i want to join marchant navy....i will give hs in 2015...what qualification should be needed? ?
12th May 2015, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

I got a 65% in 12th class and 59% in pcm can I join a merchant navy
31st May 2015, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

I have competed my 12 from icse board with 65% marks and in maths 50% am i eligible
22nd June 2015, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Hi have just passed my 10th and I want admsn in Merchant navy.How can I get adms..?? and I don't want to take science stream?? so with commerce can I do tht???
24th June 2015, 07:12 AM
Unregistered

Can a BSc I.T gradute become eligible to join merchant navy???
22nd August 2015, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I have done 12th with account , English ,B.O. , Hindi , Math , can I join merchant navy if yes plzz tel me how can I join
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?