16th August 2011, 10:27 PM
rosesusen

Required percentage in B.Tech to be eligible for GATE Exam? What courses that I can take in M.Tech being a Computer Science candidate?

What is the minimum percentage in B.tech required for appearing GATE?
As a Computer Science student which all are the courses that i can do if in M.tech?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the difference between pursuing MBA and M.Tech?
  2. Am I eligible to appear for GATE exam after studying B.Tech in computer science from KSOU
  3. TANCET self financing colleges having MTech courses for Computer Science branch
  4. How may an M.Tech candidate gets Job in Navratna companies? I've secure low percentage in B.Tech and could not appear in PSU
  5. Which are the M.Tech courses in IIST Trivandrum? When is the entrance exam conducted for M.Tech course? Is it possible for admission through GATE score?
  6. List of IT sector companies where I can apply for a job? I have 74% marks in 10th and 73% marks in 12th. I have 57% marks in my B.Tech and 70% in M.Tech with CSE stream
  7. Am I eligible for any MNC's after scoring 57% in B.Tech and 70% in Masters?
  8. List of Coaching centers for GATE Exam in Delhi being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in Computer Science?
  9. Best branch in mtech other than computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Sub branches of Computer Science engineering for B.Tech ECE qualified candidate? List of universities offering such courses? -- [New]
  11. Eligibility criteria for M.Tech computer science after MCA? Scope of M.Tech in Computer science? Can a student pursue M.Tech in CS from IIT or NIT after MCA?
  12. Which are the colleges in Delhi and Haryana where I can do part time M.Tech in Computer Science?
  13. How to appear for GATE exam after pursuing B.Tech computer science engineering
  14. How much score is required in GATE to get admission?
  15. Which course is best to study for Post Graduation from WBUT?
  16. Are e.c.e students eligible for GATE exam for computer science?
  17. Can we do B.Ed after completing B.Tech and M.Tech in computer science and engineering
  18. Which course is better to do DBA MCA or MSc IT?
20th August 2011, 10:43 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required percentage in B.Tech to be eligible for GATE Exam? What courses that I can take in M.Tech being a Computer Science candidate?

Dear Friend

There is no percentage bar to apply for GATE.
But, Every IIT puts some eligibility criteria and also the criteria may vary frm one IIT to other.
Some IITs require at least 60% and some require 65% in B.E (or M.Sc. or MBBC etc).

As you are a student of B.Tech(CSE) then you can apply for M.Tech. in following courses given below:

Biomedical Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering
Electrical Engineering with specialization in Communication Engineering
Electrical Engineering with specialization in Control & Computing
Electrical Engineering with specialization in Power Electronics & Power Systems
Electrical Engineering with specialization in Microelectronics
Industrial Engineering & Operations Research
Geoinformatics & Natural Resources Engineering

For further details you can refer IIT M.Tech brochure of any IIT.
To refer IIT Bombay brochure visit the link below.

http://www.iitb.ac.in/academic/Mtech...01101April.Pdf
20th August 2011, 03:08 PM
sg1991

Default Re: Required percentage in B.Tech to be eligible for GATE Exam? What courses that I can take in M.Tech being a Computer Science candidate?

The eligibility criteria for appearing in GATE exam is-
* bachelor's degree in any branch of engineering/technology/architecture.
OR
master's degree in any branch of science/maths/computer/statistics
* Students of prefinal or final year of above courses may apply or after completing above courses.
* No minimum percentage is required. Only a pass is sufficient.
* No restriction on age and number of attempts

B. Tech. CSE students can do M. Tech. in following subjects-
* Robotics
* IT
* Software engg.
* Computer architeture
* Digital communication. etc.
20th August 2011, 04:22 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
There is no such percentage marks required to appear in GATE..
GATE is an entrance exam for M.tech course..It is conducted by IIT's every year...

To appear in GATE on must have complete the bachelor degree in any of these mentioned field-Engineering/Technical/Architecture..
or, one can appear in GATE after completion of master degree in any general science field/computer application..

These are the only requirements to appear in GATE exam...

Now, speaking about the m.tech courses, as you are Computer science student, then you can go for courses like-
M.tech in Networking/Digital Electronics/Communication field..
You can go for any of these fields...
All the best..
27th September 2011, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

sir/madam i am studing be/cse final year but i am having arrears so can i eligible to write gate exam
30th September 2011, 11:26 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Required percentage in B.Tech to be eligible for GATE Exam? What courses that I can take in M.Tech being a Computer Science candidate?

dear friend,
There is no such percentage marks required to appear in GATE..
GATE is an entrance exam for M.tech course..It is conducted by IIT's every year...

To appear in GATE on must have complete the bachelor degree in any of these mentioned field-Engineering/Technical/Architecture..
or, one can appear in GATE after completion of master degree in any general science field/computer application..

These are the only requirements to appear in GATE exam...

Now, speaking about the m.tech courses, as you are Computer science student, then you can go for courses like-
M.tech in Networking/Digital Electronics/Communication field..
You can go for any of these fields...
All the best..
17th December 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Required percentage in HS to be eligible for GATE Exam?
2nd February 2012, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

sir i m civil engineer and want a job in government sector...
will u please provide me the details required to apply for GATE exam....
13th April 2012, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

sir, i m student of electrical engineering. If my CGPA is 6 then can i sit for gate exam?
13th April 2012, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

sir if there is required of 12th result in gate exam?
18th April 2012, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

btech 42 percent only.what if i get 96 percent in gate.am i eligible to iit then.?
P.S:i'm just curious no kidding.want sme serious reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?