22nd October 2011, 02:02 AM
Sagar Chand Bhol

Required percentage of marks to become IPS Officer?

I want to know that how much percentage have to secure in the I.P.S exam To become an I.P.S officer

22nd October 2011, 09:07 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Required percentage of marks to become IPS Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar Chand Bhol View Post
I want to know that how much percentage have to secure in the I.P.S exam To become an I.P.S officer
Information Regarding IPS Examination.

Indian Police Service (IPS) examination is also known as the civil services examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in every year for the selection of the talented candidates of India as the post of IPS officer. IPS officer job is the consider as the one of the most famous job of India. If you are interested in the Civil Services (IPS) examination then you need graduation degree to appear in the examination. To appear in the IPS examination you need the following eligibility criteria :

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University. The final year graduation student are also eligible to apply for IPS examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this exam. The age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

As per your question there are no percentage limit in the qualifying examination only pass the qualifying examination is enough to appear in the Civil services examination. For any more information about the IPS examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
22nd October 2011, 09:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
DETAILS ABOUT IPS EXAM

In IPS exam , there are not require any percentage marks.Only graduate can applicable for this post.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

PROCESS BECOME A IPS OFFICER:-

1. Fill up the Application form.
2.Preliminary exam is consist of two papers.
a) General studies -----150 marks
b)From Optional subject -------300 marks
3.If you have qualify in Preliminary exam then you have to go for IPS mains exam
4.After completion of your main exam you have to go for Interview.

EXAM DATE:-

Notification Date - 04/02/2012
Last date of application - 05/03/2012
Preliminary examination - 20/05/2012.
22nd October 2011, 01:10 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No such percentage of marks is required to become an IPS officer..
All you need is you have to complete your graduation in any trade from a recognized university..
After completion of graduation you can appear in IPS exam..
So, go for it..
All the best.
22nd October 2011, 01:53 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To become an IPS officer, as you know, you will have to appear for civil service exam.
Now, as far as the minimum qualifying marks is concerned, it is not mentioned or decided by the board, before the exams. So, it's really difficult to tell you the minimum qualifying marks for the upcoming civil service exam.
However, I must tell you that the first stage of the exam, which is known as the preliminary stage, is a sort of screening test and the marks obtained in the same is not considered while making the merit list. Qualifying this exam only enables you to move on to the next stage of exam, which is known as the Main Exam and marks obtained in this exam is considered while making the merit list.
So to make it to the final list, you need to qualify all the exam and since we can not say what will be the minimum qualifying marks of each paper, you must try to give your best and moreover, try to beat others in the competition.
22nd October 2011, 04:00 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
hiii friend....here i can help you.......
there is no particular percentage.......the only thing is you should complete your graduation......and your age limit should not exceed 30 years.....and also it should be above 21..........
hope you understand....
22nd October 2011, 04:27 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Indian Police Service (IPS)

This civil service examination is conducted by UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION)
.For your kind information I would like to say that, there is not any kind of minimum requirement of marks for being eligible for this civil service examination.
you just have to possess graduation degree from a recognized college, what ever may be the stream is...

educational qualification-

graduation in any stream from a recognized college.

age limit-

21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidate,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates.
5th November 2011, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir.
I M MD.JAVED IKBAL,I HAVE PASSED 12TH,WITH ONLY 40%,IN SCIENCE EXTREME..But i,wanna be an Ips officer,is it possible for me,how can I success in it..plz explaine me.which subject required ,or important most.
3rd February 2012, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE SALARY OF IPS AND AFTER 12TH,WHAT LINE SHOULD I TAKE NON MED OR MEDICAL
10th February 2012, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

respected,sir
ips ke optional subject me computer subjected le sacte hai kya?
27th May 2012, 02:01 AM
Unregistered

sir i am preparing for 2013 cs exam but i did my degree in interior from annamalai university so i want to know that is it possible for me or not?
6th October 2012, 08:58 PM
suraj391

SCHEME OF VALUATION :
· TOTAL MARKS FOR WRITTEN TEST : 2000
· TOTAL MARKS FOR INTERVIEW : 300
· GRAND TOTAL : 2300
PATTERN OF THE EXAMINATION:
· PAPER-I : One of the 18 indian languges selected by you which are affiliated by the indian constitution
· TOTAL MARKS FOR PAPER-I : 300
· PAPER-II : ENGLISH (QUALIFYING PAPER) TOTAL MARKS : 300
· PAPER-III : ESSAY TOTAL MARKS : 200
· PAPER-IV & V : GENERAL STUDIES TOTAL MARKS : 600
· PAPER-VI,VII,VIII,IX : You have to choose any two subjects which are prescribed in the syallabus TOTAL MARKS : 1200
INTERVIEW : 300
If observed you can easily score 800 marks if you are thorough in the languages part english is very easy paper in which you can see synonyms antonyms e.t.c which you are practising from schooling so, first try to be perfect in languages and easily 800 marks will be in your hands. so, plan up well and hope you willl become an ips officer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?