5th August 2018, 10:50 AM
Sunil#6913

Requirements to join Merchant Navy for a candidate after completing BSc(Computer Science)?

Hello friends, I am doing BSc Honours in Computer Science. Now, I am interested to join Merchant Navy. Tell me the requirements to join Merchant Navy after my Graduation. Please help me to know about the requirements. Thank you!

26th January 2020, 12:51 PM
sarika1993

Default Re: Requirements to join Merchant Navy for a candidate after completing BSc(Computer Science)?

To join merchant navy, One should have qualification of maritime course. So, you need to pursue maritime course after graduation in B.Sc (CS). Some of the best maritime courses available which can help you to join merchant navy. Jobs in merchant navy will be offered based on entrance exam followed by personal interview. After completion of respective course, candidates have to undergo pre-sea training conducted by maritime training institute. Training duration vary from 6 months to 12 months depending on course pursued by candidates.

Courses to Join Merchant Navy
- B.E/B.Tech In Marine Engineering
- B.Sc In Nautical Science
- Graduate Marine Engineering (GME)
- Diploma In Marine Engineering
- GP Rating Course
- Deck Rating Course
- Engine Rating Course
- Saloon Rating Course
- Near Coastal Voyage (NCV) Course
- Diploma In Nautical Science

Profiles In Merchant Navy
- GP Rating
- Trainee Cadet
- Deck Cadet
- 3rd Officer/2nd Officer
- Chief Officer
- Captain
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?