12th January 2016, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Requirements and procedure to join CID Officer?

Hi sir i want to become a CID officer and i am from poor family i don't have money to complete my course. Plz tell what is minimum qualification and procedure for eligibility in cid

12th January 2016, 04:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements and procedure to join CID Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir i want to become a CID officer and i am from poor family i don't have money to complete my course. Plz tell what is minimum qualification and procedure for eligibility in cid
If you have qualify in below given stages then you are eligible for the post of CID officer.

1)SSC CGL Tier I

2)SSC CGL Tier II

3)Medical test

4)Physical test

5)Personal interview

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for SSC CGL entrance exam.

Your age should be in between 18 to 27 years.
12th January 2016, 06:19 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become Officer in CID, you have to qualify in SSC CGL examination. CGL examination is conducted by SSC every year.

To appear for examination it is necessary to have graduation from any recognised university and age limit between 19-27 years with relaxation in age for reserved category candidates.

So, if you have completed your graduation you are eligible to appear for examination to join CID. For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
12th January 2016, 08:06 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

After completion of your graduation , You can apply for CID Officer. You should prefer criminology course for your graduation.

Become A CID Officer

1st Way
- Join In police service.
- After completion of 2 years , You can apply for transfer to CID.
- As per your performence records & seniority , You will be transfered to CID.
- First , You will get training , then you will be deputed in CID.

2nd Way
Apply for CID through UPSC. You will have to clear Written Test , Interview & Physical Fitness Test.

Institutes Offering Course In Criminology
- Punjab University , Chandigarh
- Tata Institute of Social Science , Mumbai
- University of Madras , Chennai
- University of Jammu , Jammu Tawi
- University of Lucknow
- Utkal University , Bhubneshwar
12th January 2016, 09:43 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

CID stands for Crime Investigation Department and to become an Officer you have to qualify in Combined Graduate Level examination.

CGL examination is conducted by SSC every year and the eligibility to appear for examination is candidate passed or pursuing in final year of graduation from a recognised university.

So, you need at least graduation degree to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
12th January 2016, 09:57 PM
GraphicDesiner

The Criminal Investigation Department is a crime detection agency under the Government of India. It was established on the 1st of April 1906. Those officers who work in this elite agency are known as Detectives or as CID officers.

You must appear in the Indian Civil Services examination that is held by the Union Public Service Commission.

The basic qualification for this course is a pass in class 10+2 with a milieu in arts or science. For those candidates who have a background in law, special courses in criminology are available.
12th January 2016, 10:42 PM
ruthless
Member+

As we know that CID stands for Criminal Investigation Department. To join CID you need to appear for CGPE exam (combined graduated preliminary Exam). Only graduated students are eligible for CID exam. Eligibility criteria for CID exam:

Age limit - 20 to27.
Relaxation to Sc/St categories.
Maximum attempts for general categorises - 5.
maximum attempts for Sc/St categories- no limit.
You should be Indian citizen.
Having good communicating skill.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?