28th February 2011, 03:03 AM
Unregistered

Selection in Merchant Navy for a candidate suffering Color Blindness?

i am suffering frm colour blindness shall i get the job in merchant navy in engine side

28th February 2011, 12:45 PM
krupadesai

Default Re: Selection in Merchant Navy for a candidate suffering Color Blindness?

Colour blindness are disqualified from jobs at merchant navy. So, you will not be eligible for applying there.
28th February 2011, 08:30 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Selection in Merchant Navy for a candidate suffering Color Blindness?

I am feeling very sorry to say, that you can not join merchant navy while suffering from color blindness.

Because to get entry in merchant navy, you have to undergo a pre sea training with eyesight 6/6 and NO COLOR BLINDNESS....

So you can not get any job in Merchant Navy.....
28th February 2011, 09:43 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: Selection in Merchant Navy for a candidate suffering Color Blindness?

Physical Standards For Merchant Navy !!(Eyes )

Regarding Eyes

You should be able to read in a distant vision chart 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye with or without glasses.

Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5 D including Astigmatism.

A candidate must have good binocular vision.

The colour vision standard should recongnize red and green colours that means Color blindness are Not allowed.

Just check for your vision if your eyes can recognize ReD and GreeN colours then you are not a Color Blindness.
28th February 2011, 10:02 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

hello,

sorry to say but color blindness students are not allowed in merchant navy.

color blindness:this term is used when you can not recognized green and red color.

Regarding Eyes

You should be able to read in a distant vision chart 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye with or without glasses.

31st October 2011, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

yes i have one question is that is if i have got three years experience in merchant navy after that i can get job in merchant nevy or not.
20th January 2012, 02:57 PM
vdev36

sir i want to know that my eye sight is -0.25 but no color blindness, can i join merchant navy?
21st January 2012, 12:26 AM
Rapchik007

Regarding Eyes

Myopia should not be more than 2.5 D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5 D including Astigmatism.

The colour vision standard should recongnize red and green colours that means Color blindness are Not allowed.

Just check for your vision if your eyes can recognize ReD and GreeN colours then you are not a Color Blindness.
22nd January 2012, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapchik007 View Post

Regarding Eyes

just tell me i am eligible or not by the way i can identify red and green color
2nd September 2019, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

A reduced ability to distinguish between certain colours.
The condition is often inherited. So you or anyone having colour blindness is not allowed to join Merchant Navy, Air Force, Navy and some other Government Jobs.
2nd September 2019, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
just tell me i am eligible or not by the way i can identify red and green color
Its not the colours that you can identify its the different shades mixed up and then you need to identify. Try Ishihara Eye Test Online by yourself if you can answer each and every plate correct then you are not colour blind but if you can't then you are colour blind. And No colour blind are not allowed to join Merchant Navy.
29th July 2022, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have CP- 3 color Blindness so can i join merchant Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?