4th June 2011, 01:27 PM
amirraza18

Should I choose chemical engineering if I am not good in chemistry but good in Maths and Physics?

I have got 1803 air in iit jee and getting chemical at khargpur and civil at kanpur.Am not very sure about it as am gud at maths and physics but not chemistry.What shud i do?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is the best career option for me after completing intermediate with MPC with 60% marks
  2. Am I eligible to get the science group if I have got 70% marks in 10th in Techno India group public school?
  3. How can I gain confidence to prepare for Physics and Chemistry if I am not so good in Maths?
  4. Job opportunities for Girls in Chemical Engineering? Syllabus of the B.Tech Chemical Engineering in Kerala University?
  5. Which subject to choose in BSc Final Year? Maths, physics, chemistry?
  6. Which books should i prefer to crack entrance examinations? I am currently in 12th
  7. Can I study B.Sc in Chemistry and Physics in an Open University if completed 3 years Diploma in Chemical Engineering?
  8. What should I choose among CSE, Chemical Engineering and Integrated M.Sc in Maths if I like C++, Chemistry and Maths subjects? -- [New]
  9. What are the courses that companies are expecting that a candidate should know?
  10. Chemical engineering for a student weak in physics and maths and interested in Chemistry?
  11. Solution for if u not able to clear IIT-JEE?
  12. Which is better profession for a candidate who has secured 56% in 10th ICSE?
  13. How much marks should I get for B.Tech?
  14. Is PCM with computer science a good option or PCMB a better one? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Benefits and scope of Chemical Engineering Diploma course for female candidate?
  16. Is it a good choice to go for PCB without Maths? What should I choose and which is the best college?
  17. How to study in BSc electronics after finishing 12th with 71% marks?
  18. List of the good colleges for chemical engineering? Which are the other courses in chemistry?
22nd October 2011, 06:25 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I choose chemical engineering if I am not good in chemistry but good in Maths and Physics?

It is great that you have got admission in IIT Kharagpur. It is a wrong concept that you cannot take chemical engineering because you are not good in chemistry. Chemistry and chemical engineering subjects are two different streams. In chemical engineering you learn about fluid mechanics, mass transfer, heat transfer, and about design of pressure vessels and heat exchangers. You can definitely go ahead with chemical engineering if you have an interest to work in chemical plants, petroleum sector, etc.
1st December 2012, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I choose chemical engineering if I am not good in chemistry but good in Maths and Physics?

Hello i like chemistry very much .i want to do chemical engineering bt people say i does not give much income .moreover i m good in maths bt weak in physics so what should i do .i am confused in chemical and computer enginerring.please tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?