10th May 2016, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Should I complete MBBS to become a Psychology Doctor?

I am a bipc student and have completed my 12th with 95%...now I want to become a doctor in psychology... Should I complete my MBBS or can I join the course is yes how?

10th May 2016, 10:20 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I complete MBBS to become a Psychology Doctor?

Yes definitely to become Psychology Doctor you have to first of all complete your 5 and half years degree in MBBS. You have to qualify the National Eligibility Entrance Test to pursue MBBS course in top government college. After that you have to go for MD in psychology to become doctor in Psychology.
11th May 2016, 12:00 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Should I complete MBBS to become a Psychology Doctor?

# Required minimum educational qualification for bachelor degree programme in psychology is science subjects along with subject Psychology at 10+2 level with minimum 50% marks.

# Admission process for bachelor degree programme in psychology includes entrance examination (usually in the months of May/June) and the result declared in the month of June/July.

# Few university/institutes offer admission just on the basis of percentage marks obtained in the qualifying examination.

# After completion of bachelor degree programme, one can either go for pursuing post-graduate degree in psychology or go for practical training courses in authorised/attached hospitals.

# It is desired that one should have following qualities in order to have better growth and success in the field:

* Analytical mind
* Excellent communication skill
* Ability to remain cool and patience under adverse circumstances
* Passion for helping patients

# Following universities/institutes offering courses in psychology:

* Guru Nanak Dev University
* Loyola College
* University of Delhi
* University of Calcutta
* University of Rajasthan
* University of Mumbai
* Jamia Millia University
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?