5th June 2017, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Which stream to choose between computer science and Biology & Maths to become a Marine engineer?

Which stream to choose between computer science and Biology & Maths to become a Marine engineer? Can someone please provide me the complete details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me soon as possible. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Biology with maths or Computer science with Maths: better option after 10th with good skills in Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. If I am good in Biology, bad in Physical Science and uninterested in Maths then which stream to choose in 11th?
  3. What should I choose after class 12th to become a computer science engineering graduate?
  4. Which stream should I opt between Marine Biotechnology, Marine Science and Marine Biology & Oceanography in M.Sc if completed B.Sc in Biotechnology with Biochemistry and Genetics?
  5. Is there any minimum percentage requirement to get a government job? Is it necessary to have more than 60% marks in 10th and 12th?
  6. Can i change Biology subject with Computer Science in 11th class?
  7. PCM & Engineering Drawing or PCM & Computer Science which stream to take in 11th to become a Civil Engineer?
  8. Which stream to choose in 11th to become a Software Engineer having no interest in Maths and Science?
  9. Which stream should I take between Science and Commerce if I am average student with weaker skills in Maths and Biology?
  10. What type of courses after passing 10th class?
  11. Is it beneficial to study Computer Science in 12th?
  12. Should I select Biology group or Computer Science group if I am weak in Maths?
  13. Which course of subject should I take in my 11th standard?
  14. Which subject is better to take after 10th class examination?
  15. What to do after passing 10th? What are the courses?
  16. How to become an Automobile engineer in India?
  17. How to get admission for arts side after passing 10th
  18. Which is to choose among Maths and Biology for a candidate with 74% in 10th?
5th June 2017, 04:58 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to choose between computer science and Biology & Maths to become a Marine engineer?

If you are interested to become Marine engineer in future then you have to opt for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in your intermediate.

Minimum age of a candidate shall be 17 years.

A minimum of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry for all categories is necessary to join this course.

List of entrance exams for admission in Marine Engineering:

Joint Entrance Examination

Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test

Marine Engineering and Research Institute Entrance Exams
5th June 2017, 08:06 PM
rachamallamanoj

Default Re: Which stream to choose between computer science and Biology & Maths to become a Marine engineer?

You must choose maths, physics and chemistry in 12th to join marine engineering after completing 12th.

The basic eligibility for marine engineering is
1. You must pass 12th maths, physics course from a recognised board.
2. For marine engineering the minimum marks required in 12th is 60%
3. The minimum age limit is 17 years and maximum 25 years.
4. You must be able to submit all the certificates before joining the course.

The best marine engineering colleges in India are
1. Tolani Maritime Institute, Pune
2. Vels Academy of Maritime Studies, Chennai
3. Mohamed Sathak Engineering College, Tamil Nadu
4. College of Engineering, Vizag
5. Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training, Pune
6. Chennai School of Ship Management, Tamil Nadu
7. Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata
8. AMET University, Chennai
9. Mangalore Marine College and Technology, Mangalore
10. Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Chennai
6th June 2017, 03:32 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Marine Engineering is one of the popular stream in Engineering study which is having good career scope and job opportunities for the candidates.

Marine Engineers deals with the designing, construction and maintenance of the vehicles that will run in water.

B.Tech in Marine Engineering is a 4 year course being offered by few colleges in India. Not all the colleges will offer this course. Hence one should get good rank in the Entrance Exam to get admission for this course.

Admission would be provided on the basis of performance in the Engineering Entrance Exam.

There are national level Entrance Exams like
-JEE Main (Joint Entrance Exam)
-BITSAT
-VITEEE etc.
and state level Entrance Exams like
-KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test)
-WB JEE (West Bengal Join Entrance Exam)

In order to be eligible for the Entrance Exams, one should have completed 12th class with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as the compulsory subjects.

Candidates who completed 10+2 with Science subjects like Biology are not eligible to join this course.

As per percentage of marks required, it will be varied from one Entrance Exam to other Entrance Exam.

However if you have scored 60% of marks in 10+2 with MPC stream, then you are surely eligible for most of the Entrance Exams.

If you are about to join 10+2, I would suggest you to opt for MPC stream and start preparing for the Entrance Exam in parallel to your academics.
7th June 2017, 03:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that being an engineer you need to have completed your Class 12th with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So it is evident that to be a Marine Engineer in future you need to opt for PCM i.e; Mathematics group as main subjects. Also I would like to advise you that if you are interested in Computer Science then you must opt Computer Science as an optional subject as it would add more career options for you in future.

Also to be a marine engineer you need to pursue Marine engineering course after your higher secondary school degree and for admission in best engineering colleges for pursuing Marine engineering course you need to appear and qualify engineering entrance exams like JEE, State EEE, BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMEEE, etc. .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?