8th April 2017, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects to choose after 10th standard to become an IAS officer?

Which subjects to choose after 10th standard to become an IAS officer? Can you please give me the details on this? I need to do the right course for me to concentrate on my goal. So, please provide me the right suggestion which I can follow. Awaiting for the response.

9th April 2017, 12:45 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose after 10th standard to become an IAS officer?

If your aim is to become an IAS Officer then you need to complete graduation first.
You should opt any of the subject and from any of the stream.
There is no any restriction in subject selection.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidate must have at least 45% aggregate in their graduation.

Candidate age should not less than 21 years and not more than 40 years.

Candidate should be physically fit.

Examination procedure:-

Preliminary
Mains
Inrerview
9th April 2017, 12:56 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to choose after 10th standard to become an IAS officer?

To become an I.A.S Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

There is no limitation on discipline and aggregate of any academic course to appear for examination. So, you can pursue any stream in your 10th and higher studies.

But according to my suggestion if you want to qualify in CSE examination, you must have well understanding about your mains optional paper. So, it will be better to select your stream by taking in consideration of your future ( optional paper ).

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th April 2017, 01:10 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

There is no specific stream or subject available for being an IAS officer. Candidates who are graduate in any steam from a recognized university are eligible for this exam.

But if you take my opinion then I will suggest you to take arts stream for your further studies. In this stream you can take subjects like Political science, Histor, Geography etc so you can read about general knowledge and general studies along with your graduation.

Thanks
9th April 2017, 06:14 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per the minimum qualification a candidate must have done graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with minimum 50%. So as you have complete your 10th standard now you can go for any stream either science, commerce or Arts stream as per your interest and then you have to complete graduation in any discipline and you will be eligible to appear in this entrance exam.
10th April 2017, 12:53 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

In order to apply for IAS recruitment, I suggest you to first get the detailed eligibility criteria that is required. In order to become an Officer in Indian Administrative Services (IAS), you are required to appear in CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) Entrance Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

There are several streams available at 12th Class level and they may include, PCM, PCM, Arts, Commerce streams. I request you to notice that the stream you will choose in 12th Class basically decides your future. So I suggest you first analyse yourself that which stream you will be going with in Graduation and based on that you are required to choose the concerned stream at 12th Class level. As far as my best knowledge is concerned, going with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) is the recommended stream in order to find good career.
12th April 2017, 01:57 AM
kachhadiyasharda

You can choose any subjects in 10th and 12th class to become an IAS. Basic qualification required is bachelor's degree in any discipline.

IAS Eligibility
- One should be graduate from any discipline fromarecognizeduniversity.
- Age Limit : 21 to 32 years. Relaxation applicable 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST.
- Maximum attempts allowed are 6 for General and 9 for OBC. No limits for SC/ST.
31st March 2020, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Which subject to be taken after 10 to become IAS officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?