27th February 2017, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer? Which subject should I choose in class 10th?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th and after completing it I want to become an IAS Officer so I want to know what steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer? Which subject should I choose in class 10th? Please answer as soon as possible.

28th February 2017, 05:20 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer? Which subject should I choose in class 10th?

It is nice to see that you are not only interested in becoming an I.A.S Officer but also making an effort or want to get a proper strategy to become an I.A.S Officer in future.

First and foremost the candidates have to qualify in all three stages of Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC for final recruitment. The minimum eligibility to appear for examination is bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, you have to wait till bachelor degree to appear for examination. But, in between these time you can prepare something for examination by reading newspaper ( English )
and also going through NCERT books of Std VI-XII.

You can select any course in your 11th and bachelor degree.

For information about syllabus of examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th February 2017, 08:16 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What steps should I follow to become an IAS Officer? Which subject should I choose in class 10th?

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> Also the minimum eligibility criteria required for the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian candidate.

* Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

Now as far as you are concerned about the selection of stream for your academics then it is quite clear from the above mentioned eligibility criteria that for one's eligibility for Civil Services is not dependent on stream of his/her academics but the selection of stream for academics becomes important for this examination as one is required to have a through knowledge in a subject which he/she opts for his/her optional subject for stage II of Civil Services i.e; Mains and hence you must opt that subject which lies to your strength and in which you are interested.

For more details about Civil Services examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
28th February 2017, 08:42 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The minimum qualification to apply for IAS entrance examination is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. After 10th, you will have to do 12th then bachelor's degree. Final year candidates can apply for Civil Services examination.

Candidates from all discipline are eligible for Civil Services examination. You can select any subject in 10th, 10+2 and bachelor's degree as per your interest. The minimum age to apply for Civil Services examination is 21 years.
28th February 2017, 09:04 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Steps to become Indian Administrative Services officer:

Step I: Complete 10th and 12th from a recognized board.

Step II: Then pursue bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

Step III: In final year of bachelor's degree, you can apply for Civil Services exam.

Age limit: 21-32 years.

Step IV: Clear all stages of Civil Services examination like preliminary examination, main examination and interview.
28th February 2017, 11:08 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

The minimum qualification for this service is bachelor's degree. You must pursue graduation to apply for this exam.

You can study subjects of your own choice in secondary, senior secondary and bachelor's degree to apply for this exam.

Minimum age limit for this exam is 21 years.
1st March 2017, 09:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS officer after completion of your 10th standard, you have to pursue 12th standard and Bachelor's degree course from a recognized board and need to appear in IAS examination. There is no need to choose any particular subject for pursuing your studies as the candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to appear in IAS examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?