16th September 2011, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Subjects to be chosen for UPSC? I'm studying in 3rd sem B.Tech(Civil engineering) from Rajkot

which subject i will chose? i am study be civil from rajkot in 3 rd sem plese reply me in few days.
send details..

Related Questions:
28th September 2015, 06:52 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Subjects to be chosen for UPSC? I'm studying in 3rd sem B.Tech(Civil engineering) from Rajkot

From my point of view, I think, you are talking about selection of subjects in the Union Public Service Commission Civil Services examination mains optional. Civil Services examination has three stages:

>>Preliminary examination.

>>Mains examination.

>>Personal interview.

From 2015, CSAT is qualifying, you just need to score only 33% marks in it in order to clear this paper. In mains optional, you will have to select a particular subject from which you will have to give two papers.

Civil Engineering is available among the list of optional subjects. So, you can select the Civil Engineering as optional subject for Civil Services examination. It will help you score better marks as you are pursuing bachelor's degree in civil engineering.

You can also appear for the UPSC Indian Engineering Services exam being a civil engineering candidate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?