18th June 2011, 07:01 PM
jooooo

Which subjects to choose for IAS prelims if I am a B.Com student? Do I need any coaching for that?

i am bcom hns commrce studnt pursuing this coure from delhi university.i am confused about the choosing the subjects forthe iasm exmas preliminary.and where i shud i begiun with my ias exmas preparation from..!!!! what shud be the basis for selecting the subjects for the emxs. and do i need any coaching fromthe prfessional institute...?

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects to choose for IAS? I am a Biotechnology student
  2. Which subjects should I choose for IAS prelims? I am a B.Tech 8th semester student in electronics and communication branch
  3. How many optionals to we have to choose for IAS exam as per the latest syllabus? Is the prelims common for everybody?
  4. Which optional subjects a B.Tech IT student should choose in IAS IPS prelims exams?
  5. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  6. Which subjects to choose for IAS prelims exam?
  7. Which subjects i should opt for IAS main and prelims? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. When do I need to start coaching for IAS? I am about to join B.Sc in Zoology
  9. Best subject for a computer science student in IAS?
  10. How to choose subjects for PCS exam? I am 23 years old and have done B.Tech in CSE
  11. How to choose a particular coaching centre for IAS exam?
  12. How should I prepare for Civil Services exams like IAS,UPPCS exams? What are the list of subjects from which I can choose?
  13. Fee structure for prelims in Himalai IAS coaching center in Bangalore
  14. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  15. Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?
  16. Best books for IAS prelims exam? I have chosen 2 optional subjects, Mathematics and History
  17. Is it possible to fill IAS prelims form using 2nd graduation degree? -- [New]
  18. How to choose optional subjects in IAS for a student in mechanical engineering
16th September 2011, 04:44 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which subjects to choose for IAS prelims if I am a B.Com student? Do I need any coaching for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooooo View Post
i am bcom hns commrce studnt pursuing this coure from delhi university.i am confused about the choosing the subjects forthe iasm exmas preliminary.and where i shud i begiun with my ias exmas preparation from..!!!! what shud be the basis for selecting the subjects for the emxs. and do i need any coaching fromthe prfessional institute...?
Hi
IAS exam which is officially called as Civil Service Examination actually has three level selection pattern through exams.

first level

->Preliminary screening.
->Mains examination
->Personal Interview.

for Preliminary Screening.

an exam in earlier days used to be conducted called Civils prelims examination this is a big headache in those times because for that there used to be a Optional selection.

which now got replaced with Civil Service aptitude test. The sweet of this pattern is all the students have to write this exam commonly without any partiality.
As this pattern is undertaken from just this year. this kinda pattern is really helpful for all and there is great applause for this pattern through out the literate community.

So I guess your doubt got cleared that Civil's prelims doesn't exist in place of that we got Civil Service aptitude test for which common syllabus should be studied and practiced and cleared.

Mains level

this is the next stage of filtering this is the tough level of filtering.

Personal Interview.

This is the final stage of selection . In this a board with a few members will be present and their decision on the candidate is final.

So there is no need to select optional subject now . Now to clear first level i.e., CSAT you have to prepare for Common syllabus. this can be prepared on your own or with the help of coaching institute.
I suggest you to take coaching if you don't have any problem with financial support.

all the best

Regards

~aditya~
16th September 2011, 05:15 PM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104
Default Re: Which subjects to choose for IAS prelims if I am a B.Com student? Do I need any coaching for that?

Dear,

Well UPSC conduct all civil service exams in every year. Common syllabus for every stream. So thr z no need of any optional subject.

Pattern:

1. Preliminary Exam.
2. Mains examination.
3. Personal Interview.

Eligibility:

1. Graduation Degree from a recognized university.
2. 21 must be minimum age.

Pls refer http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards,
16th September 2011, 05:16 PM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104
Default Re: Which subjects to choose for IAS prelims if I am a B.Com student? Do I need any coaching for that?

Dear,

Well UPSC conduct all civil service exams in every year. Common syllabus for every stream. So thr z no need of any optional subject.

Pattern:

1. Preliminary Exam.
2. Main examination.
3. Personal Interview.

Eligibility:

1. Graduation Degree from a recognized university.
2. 21 must be minimum age.

Pls refer http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards,
16th September 2011, 07:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooooo View Post
Dear friend,

For IAS exam there are so many subject so you can choose as your best.
candidate has to choose two subjects from a list of 25 optional subjects.

Following are the not allowed combinations in the UPSC syllabus-

Political Science International relations and Public Administration,
Commerce Accountancy and Management,
Anthropology and Sociology,
Mathematics and Statistics,
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry Veterinary Science,
Management and Public Administration,
Any two branches of Engineering,
Medical Science and Animal Husbandry Veterinary Science,
Combination of two Literature

all the best
20th September 2011, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

my cast comes under obc but i always use genral...due to unavailabity of my cast certificate.........hw far it would be beneficial for me whr as my examination marks or merit is concerned
20th September 2011, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

I am in B.Com and i can not take coaching for IAS so how can i prepare me for IAS exams and i have subjects selection problem also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?