27th July 2011, 07:26 PM
sashi2295

Is there any chance to get admission in top German universities for MS course in automobile engineering? I am a 2nd year student pursuing my B.Tech in mechanical engineering at BITS, Pilani. What I can do from now on to improve my chances?

I am a 2nd year student doing my mechanical engineering at BITS Pilani. Presently I have a CGPA of 6.7 after 2nd year. I am fairly confident of crossing a CG of 7 by the time I pass out.

I haven't done anything significant in terms of projects and stuff like that.

I am interested in pursuing MS in automobiles in Germany. So I would like to know what my chances are of getting into a top university and what I can do from now on to improve my chances.

My main concerns are these:
1.CGPA
2.Should I do any significant work or project in the field of automobiles?
3.Is work experience required to get into the top universities as I have seen that RWTH Aachen seems to demand one year work experience.

Any answers are deeply appreciated

Related Questions:
  1. What is the percentage required to get admission in german universities? I am pursuing B.Tech final year mechanical engineering
  2. Possibility of securing a chance in German universities for MS in Automobile engineering?
  3. Will I be able to get admission in top universities of US pursuing 2nd year of BE in Mechanical Engineering? Required procedure for this?
  4. Is Mechanical Engineering equivalent to automobile engineering? Does BITS Pilani provide any specialization in Automotive Engineering?
  5. Best universities for Masters in Automobile in Germany and Canada after B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Best universities in Canada and Germany to do Masters in Automobile Engineering?
  7. Best universities for Automobile Engineering in Germany, Canada and London?
  8. Can I get admission in top universities in UK and US for MS in Automobile Engineering after having 12 backlogs during the course?
  9. Is this necessary to learn German language being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering as Mechanical is good in German?
  10. Which exam I should give for doing Civil engineering in German University? -- [New]
  11. Which are the best universities which offer masters in Automobile?
  12. Admission in top universities in UK and US for MS in Automobile Engineering after scoring 72% in B.Tech with 12 backlogs?
  13. Is there any chances for me to get admission in German universities for MS course? I have scored 1040 marks in GRE and 7.0 in IELTS.
  14. Chances of getting admission in Germany for MS in Mechanical?
  15. How can get admission in top universities for M.Tech Automotive Engineering? GATE coaching in Hyderabad? Percentage needed to get admission in top universities?
  16. Automobile Engineering or Mechanical Engineering for a good career?
  17. When can I appear in GRE for the admission in German university if completed B.E.(ME)? Detail, procedure and list of the German universities with scholarship? Is it necessary to appear in GRE and IELTS both for the admission?
  18. Eligiblity to get admission in German university for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer who has a backlog? Minimum score required in IELTS for admission? Whether GRE or German language is necessary?
25th January 2017, 03:45 AM
Sameerthapar123

Default Re: Is there any chance to get admission in top German universities for MS course in automobile engineering? I am a 2nd year student pursuing my B.Tech in mechanical engineering at BITS, Pilani. What I can do from now on to improve my chances?

Here are the following main things that you need to do to boost your chances of being able to get into a German or any other university for MS in automobiles:

1.Improve your GPA: While 7 might seem a good GPA, it is actually not. Many universities state that they require a minimum of 7 or 7.2 CGPA for a student to be eligible to get admission in their university. But this CGPA is the minimum and the student seldom gets a seat with it. Try to get your CGPA above 8, else you will not get into a reputed university. Not all German universities are good.

2.Do a whole lot of internships: What universities (either foreign or Indian) appreciate the most, is a student with at least some practical knowledge. This can be only obtained by doing as many internships as possible but make sure these are stream specific and not just any internship.

3.Prepare for GRE: Start preparation for GRE right away. While you may not have to join a class now and start in full swing but you should surely start improving your English vocabulary. Start with 2 words a day and learn new words everyday.

4.Extra and co-curricular: While this is not as important for you but having these accomplishments is surely important. Join an NGO for sure, this is of utmost importance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?