1st November 2015, 03:16 PM
Prabhakar.h.patil

Is there any height requirement required for IAS?

Is there any height requirement required for IAS? Can you please give me the complete eligibility criteria which is required for the same? Please give me the information soon as I need to apply for the job if am eligible. Hoping to get the answer soon!

16th November 2015, 12:20 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any height requirement required for IAS?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and it is the highest post in the administrative field which a civilian can secure.

To be an IAS officer, you need to clear Civil Services Examination which is organized once every year by Union Public Service Commission. Also the examination is held in three stages which includes Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview.

The minimum qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years in case you are a general category candidate as there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must completed your graduation degree course with any subject of your choice from a university approved by UGC. Final year students are also eligible.

As far as you are concerned about the height requirement then there is no such norms as for these even physically handicapped students are also eligible. So height is not an issue for appearing in the same examination.

For more details about the norms,syllabus, question pattern and updates associated with the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th June 2020, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there any height requirement required for IAS?

I'm a 4.5 feet tall girl studying 2nd year BDS. I look forward to take IAS in the future. Would my height be a problem?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?