16th February 2016, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Is it true that only PG candidates are allowed to give TET exam?

Is it true that only PG candidates are allowed to give TET exam? What is the minimum eligibility criteria required for TET exam? Can someone please brief it to me? When to apply for the exam and what is the procedure followed for it?

Thanks!

16th February 2016, 08:20 PM
kantraman

Default Re: Is it true that only PG candidates are allowed to give TET exam?

No it is not true actually Graduate candidates with B.Ed are eligible for TET exam. PG degree is not compulsory for TET exam but a PG degree holder can apply for TET exam.
16th February 2016, 09:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it true that only PG candidates are allowed to give TET exam? What is the minimum eligibility criteria required for TET exam? Can someone please brief it to me? When to apply for the exam and what is the procedure followed for it?

Thanks!
No, graduate and post graduate candidates are eligible for TET exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation or post graduation degree with above 50% marks from a recognized university are eligible for TET exam. B.Ed is essential for TET and CTET exam.

Your age should be in between 18 to 40 years.
16th February 2016, 10:44 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!
TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test which is a mandatory exam which needs to be given by candidates interested to teach in schools. This test is separately conducted by both the Central and the state government. The former is known as CTET and the later is known as STET.

For this exam guaranteeing a B.Ed degree is no longer enough. You need to score well in the exam too. A minimum marks of 60 is required to qualify. The validity of the score is seven years and you can give this exam as many times you want.

Minimum Qualifications for Classes I-V:-

For this you need to pass senior secondary exam or its equivalent with not less than 50% of marks and appearing in the final year of two year diploma in education or appearing in final 4–year Bachelor of Elementary Education.

Minimum Qualifications for Classes VI-VIII:-

For this you need to have a B.A or B.Sc degree and you need to be appearing for the two year diploma in elementary education or one year bachelor in education.
16th February 2016, 11:24 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not true that only Post Graduate are eligible to appear for TET examination conducted for recruitment of candidates as teacher in government schools.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have bachelor dgree from recognised university and have B.Ed degree.

So, if you have B.Ed degree you can appear for examination. Candidates can also appear for examination after 10+2 if they have diploma in Education degree.

For more information about examination visit the official website of the state education board.
17th February 2016, 09:22 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test and examination conducted by various state and central government for recruitment of candidates as teacher in government schools.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from recognised university. It is necessary to have B.Ed degree to appear for examination.

B.Ed is of two year duration and it is necessary to have the degree. So, you can appear for examination without PG degree.

State government also allows candidates to appear for examination after 10+2.
17th February 2016, 10:05 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

No. It's not true. Graduate student can also apply for TET. CTET exam is conducted twice a year in the month of February & September. State government also held TET exam at state level to recruit teachers.

Eligibility
- You must have passed senior secondary with 2 year diploma In elementry education OR
- You must have passed graduation with B.Ed course OR
- You must have passed 4 year B.A./B.Sc.Ed with atleast 50%.

CTET Syllabus
- Child Development & Pedagology
- Language I
- Language II
- Maths
- Environmental Studies

Important Dates 2016
- Online Registration Starts : 4th Dec , 2015
- Ending of Registration : 28th Dec , 2015
- CTET Exam : 21st Feb , 2016
- Next CTET : 18th Sep , 2016
18th June 2017, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Sir I don't have B.ed degree,But I have completed Master degree with 67 %.can i apply Assam TET Exam.
17th August 2021, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

I don't have B. Ed degree but i have qualified masters degree. Can i apply for TET?
17th March 2022, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Iam completed my msc. Can I apply TET exam without B.Ed
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?