30th May 2011, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Is it true that there is no scope for DJ in India?

Hey I wanna be DJ. Have no Good qualification. My family they do not allow me to be DJ coz they think that there is no earning & no carrier in it in India. I just wanna are they true?

Related Questions:
  1. Which engineering course is better between Civil and Chemical? What are the career opportunities? Is it true that Chemical Engineering has scope only in South India?
  2. Scope and salary package in the field of agriculture engineering in India? Is it true that it has less scope as compared to other branches?
  3. Is it true that IIMs provide best job placements in India and Abroad as well?
  4. What is the scope of B.Tech Electronics and Communication? Is it true that this field is supersaturated?
  5. Is there no scope of doing BBA(H) course?
  6. Which one is better between Java and .Net?
  7. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available(In India and abroad) for Biotech students?
  8. What is the scope of automobile engineering in India? How may I get admission into it and what are its future scope?
  9. Minimum cutoff for BDS seat in government college or any self financing college? I belong to MBC category -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which Engineering stream has great scope in India?
  11. Is there any scope to study Commerce after completing 10th?
  12. Is there any scope for Biotechnology in India?
  13. What is the scope of Biotechnology in India? Is it true that the job opportunities are less in India? What is the average salary? What type of job will I get?
  14. Previous year papers of ICICI Bank PO and Indian Bank PO exam?
  15. Scope for Automobile Engineer in India and Abroad?
  16. In which college can I study CS after completing B.E with 59% aggregate
  17. Is there a scope for Chemical Engineering in India? Should I go abroad for a decent pay?
  18. Scope of M.Sc computer science and M.Sc Maths in India? -- [New]
31st October 2011, 02:36 PM
abhin91
Member+

Default Re: Is it true that there is no scope for DJ in India?

Yeah scope of future for a DJ is still not that good in india.
Though if you get the degree from abroad , then it may be different scenario. though that is not that much guaranteed till date.
7th November 2011, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Just becoming a DJ has no scope in india or even abroad you should stand apart becoming a producer because its all a local bussiness now,but becoming a sound engineer and become a better producer, composer,DJ, would give you a bright future would suggest you take degree course in sound engg. from pune from a renowned government institute (film & television institute)-(F.T.I.) if you complete your sound engg. degree then you would surely get a better placement/job in any record or music company..then you be a better dj..
...have a great day,cheers..chris rego
11th November 2011, 04:51 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi.

Indian Music has its own cultures and history. Yeah we are adopting Western Culture at a very fast rate, but being just a DJ won't be of any use in this country. You can hardly work anywhere in this profession.

I would suggest you to do Sound Engineering from a good renowned college and then you can go Mumbai to become a music director.
This would indeed take out your musical imagination in the form of real music.

All the best.

Regards
RJ
19th June 2012, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

My dream is to become a dj but my parents are not allowing me, they says its a beggar work. Is it true ????????????
19th June 2012, 09:50 PM
GURINDER BILLING

Indian Music has its own cultures and history. Yeah we are adopting Western Culture at a very fast rate, but being just a DJ won't be of any use in this country. You can hardly work anywhere in this profession.
Just becoming a DJ has no scope in india or even abroad you should stand apart becoming a producer because its all a local bussiness now,but becoming a sound engineer and become a better producer, composer,DJ, would give you a bright future would suggest you take degree course in sound engg. from pune from a renowned government institute.
but still if you are interested then you can try,All the best...
20th June 2012, 08:59 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

The most attractive part of being a DJ is of course its money factor. DJ'ing is a well paying profession and one can earn a handsome amount in one night. Initially, one might have to play for small amounts or even free of cost to practice and get to know people in the industry. After that depending upon the size, venue and nature of the party, a DJ can earn anything between Rs. 8000/- to 10000/- per night. The perk may vary on the basis of the popularity and reputation of a particular DJ.
18th September 2013, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

better institute in delhi for dj courses!!???
6th July 2018, 02:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My dream is to become a dj but my parents are not allowing me, they says its a beggar work. Is it true ????????????
No bro it’s all about your talent in music
If your are talented in dj then do hard work for it
Once you launched in market then your parents feel proud of you
Im a dj and music producer also
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?