19th August 2010, 12:07 AM
manish soni,jaipur.

UPSC Medical Officer exam eligibility for final year MBBS student?

Respected sir, i am student of final year m.b.b.s. and going for my final year exam. by end of this year. can i apply for UPSC EXAM. FOR POST OF MEDICAL OFFICER . PLEASE INFORM ME ABOUT DATES FOR THIS EXAM. PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT OTHER OPTIONS THAT I HAVE RIGHT NOW AND AFTER MY MBBS. THANK YOU SIR.

Related Questions:
  1. When will be the next MKCL exam and when will i be get absorbed with permanent order?
  2. How may I get details about combined medical services exam available for MBBS students only? Is it available for Physiotherapist students? I'm Physiotherapy student in MCOAHS Manipal final year
  3. What is the eligibility criteria and qualification required for UPSC medical examination?
  4. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in UPSC exams for B.A.(Economics) final year student?
  5. Am i eligible for UPSC after gaining 1 year experience in practicing Homeopathy as a doctor?
  6. Can I apply for Bank job for PO level post being Medical final year student?
  7. Can I take the exam of UPSC in final year? I am a BCA final year student
  8. Eligibility criteria and educational qualification required for UPSC exam? -- [New]
  9. Date of SSC interview for medical officer or other related posts? How to apply for it?
  10. How should I prepare for civil services in the final year of my MBBS course? Do I need to move to Delhi or stay in Raipur itself?
  11. After doing BSc Chemistry Hons what kind of jobs are available? Industries which place the students? How much is the approximate salary?
  12. Eligibility criteria for UPSC and TNPSC exam?
  13. Can I appear in UPSC exam after completing MBBS if dropping a year after 12th?
  14. Job Opportunities in Indian Army after completion of B.Tech in ECE?
  15. Procedure to apply for Internship in any Government college for MBBS final year student in Karnataka?
  16. Can I get admission in Germany for MBBS program at free of cost being a student of Pakistan? Cost of studying in Germany?
  17. Bank officer's exam for final year engineering student? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Eligibility to become a Medical Officer in Hindustan Insecticides Limited for 42 years old MBBS Doctor?
19th August 2010, 11:38 AM
shivdayal sharma

Default Re: UPSC Medical Officer exam eligibility for final year MBBS student?

Candidates appearing at the final M.B.B.S. Examination also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions. Selected candidates will be appointed only after they have completed compulsory rotating internship.
alsoget more information from web page "http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/exams.htm"
19th August 2010, 02:46 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

As per Notification Released in Employment News( Notice No. 01/2010-CMS dated 05.09.2009)for UPSC MEdical Officer Exam 2010 the eligibility is such that:-

1: For admission to the examination a candidate should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.

2: A candidate who has appeared or has yet to appear at the final M.B.B.S. Examination may also apply. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination if otherwise eligible but the admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce proof of having passed the written and practical part of the final M.B.B.S. Examination along with the detailed application which will be required to be submitted to the Commission by the candidates who qualify on the result of the written part of the examination.

3 : A candidate who has yet to complete the compulsory rotating internship is educationally eligible for admission to the examination but on selection he will be appointed only after he has completed the compulsory rotating internship.

Where as for dates, UPSC MEdical Officer Exam 2010 was conducted on 17th January 2010 and Notification was released on 05.09.2009.

So, you can Predict the next date for the next year.

Regards
~Faiyaz~

Last edited by faiyaz; 19th August 2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: editting
19th August 2010, 06:52 PM
swati123

Yes, as a final year MBBS student you can apply for the UPSC conducted exam for the post of Medical Officer. Nevertheless, should you qualify in this Combined Medical Services written exam, you will need to produce proof of having passed the written and practical part of the final M.B.B.S. Examination, otherwise your qualification (rather candidature) will be cancelled. For exact details check the site
http://www.upscexam.com/upsc_examinations/combined_medical_services_cmse/UPSC-Combined-Medical-Services-Exam-Educational-Qualification.htm

As for the probable dates for 2011 Exams, I hope UPSC will issue notifications
soon.

If you are really serious about this exam, you will not have much time left for
anything else but if you insist on other options, then I'll say that you can go
for specialization/further studies in the field of your choice.
2nd September 2010, 03:08 AM
Unregistered

When the forms of cobined medicl exam,by upsc for 2011 wil be availble.
9th September 2010, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

WHEN THE FORMS OF UPSC CMS EXAM WILL BE AVAILABLE? IF ANYBODY KNOWS, PLEASE REPLY.
21st November 2010, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Give me the eligibility of DMO ,BMO
25th April 2011, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

i studied in china....i cleared screening test.i have to do my internship here..i have my college provisional degree.with this can i be elligible for upsc exam...give sum suggestions..plzzz
30th August 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

What type of rank will be alloted to a mbbs student?
1st December 2011, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

i done my mbbs in russia and i cleared mci exam too. But not completed internship it will complete jan 2013 may i eligible to get uppsc medical officer exam
30th April 2012, 09:17 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

Basic Eligibility criteria for UPSC Combined Medical Service Examination

--The basic educational qualification needed for a candidate to apply for this exam is a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree with at least 50% marks.

--They should attain this degree from a recognized University. The candidate should also be physically fit to apply for this exam.

Age requirement for UPSC Combined Medical Service Examination

The candidates who have completed 21 years of age can apply for UPSC Combined Medical Service Examination. The upper age limit for the candidate to apply for this exam will be 32 years.

Important dates for Combined Medical Service examination :-

-Date of Notification :- 24.03.12
-Last date for receipt of application :- 24.04.12
-Date of examination :- 17.06.12
3rd May 2012, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

upsc exam syllabus
1st July 2015, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing MBBS in turkey. i want to know that if i could not clear MCI exam, can i be eligible for civil service exams after MBBS? Please facilitate.
12th February 2016, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir ,
I am a final year MBBS student and going for the final year exam by next year April.Am I eligible for applying combined medical service exam this year ?.Thanking you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?