30th August 2010, 05:20 PM
arunpkumar86

Various fields other than programming or software after B.Tech in Computer Science

hai, i am a Btech holder in computer science.but i am not well in programing field.what i do next,please tell me about what are the different sectors without programing ?

30th August 2010, 06:04 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

Default Re: Various fields other than programming or software after B.Tech in Computer Science

yes its various field after b.tech in computer science.you have to join programming language like data management system,mcts,net certification,sun java certification and oracal also.
Certifications helps you at the time of placement as well as at the time of the job also. Situations specified in training time for Certification, helps in real-world situation.
you have also a good command on c++ laungage.
all the best
30th August 2010, 07:26 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Various fields other than programming or software after B.Tech in Computer Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunpkumar86 View Post
hai, i am a Btech holder in computer science.but i am not well in programing field.what i do next,please tell me about what are the different sectors without programing ?
Dear friend
Its really a difficult situation that you are not good at programming despite being a computer guy. If you think that this is not the right choice then you must either try to improve yourself in the field or change your path.
i would suggest you the later choice ie improve your technical knowledge in the field because if you do good at this then you can join a good software firm. Also, you could go for CDS, IES and higher studies.
If you are thinking of getting away from computer field then you must go for either MBA or Civil Services. But that should be completely your decision.
30th August 2010, 07:53 PM
Raj333

Dear friend
various feild for cse student except software

job in different bank
job in engineering college
job in indian army
job in indian airforse
job in navy
upsc
job in postal department

best of luck
30th August 2010, 07:54 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Various fields other than programming or software after B.Tech in Computer Science

dear friend

i am very surprised that you are a b.tech cse student and you are not interested in programming.

without programming skill a computer engineering is a waste material.

you can join the following fields

1.UPSC

2.DEFENCE

3.BANKS

all the best.
30th August 2010, 08:34 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
i think you should go for mba ,
its the best field for you if you do not want to go for programming.
you cam also prepare for civil services exam,
or you can go for higher studies in other fields like hotel management
all the best
30th August 2010, 08:58 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friends,

there is alos other fields in the computer science or in software where you can stay without programming.

testing department

networking and security

web design
31st August 2010, 12:24 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

after finishing B.E. Computer Science you will have a good Job opportunities.

you can join in private company as well as gvt sectors.

you can also do higher study in

1.Mtech.

2.M.B.A.

you can join in the given below govt sectors

1.railways.

2.NTPC.

3.ONGC.

4.BHEL.

all the best.....
31st August 2010, 01:21 AM
Saikiran M

Hello friend,

It is pity that being a cse engineer you want to get rid of programming.

Any way, coming to your query, i suggest you to go for
M.tech with Computer design related subjects as you know them
i'm not stating subjects here...

but in the end you have to learn programming to excel in your career as a CSE Engineer.

MASK
31st August 2010, 01:35 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

you are student of Btech computer sc. and you don't you don't have interest in programming or software , how strange..

anyways if you don't have interest in programming and software then you can go for MBA after completion of your Btech...

there is no need to do programming...

all the best...
31st August 2010, 01:50 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello friend,

Other than programming you can do the networking sector jobs if you have interest in networking and related subsequent fields.
As a computer science engineer you can also opt for the hardware section where you can get some programmings in assembly level language which i think you are familiar with.
You can become a professional hardware engineer with good knowledge of the hardware sector.

Good luck...
31st August 2010, 02:01 AM
sanjusays

I think you think about designing as career if you have creative ability and you are interested in that....its very much in demand in market.....you can also go for Testing as a career.....
31st August 2010, 07:03 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
I am very sorry to sy that these are only the fields for you after b.tech in computer science.there is very few optins oher than programming or software.you can give various goverment sectos exams and join there.in such companies you might not have to work in programming or software.
All The Best!!!!
31st August 2010, 11:01 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
As you are a student of B.Tech in CSE & not interested in programing field, then i want to suggest you to change your field.

You should do MBA after B.Tech as a better option for you.

No doubt now a days the MBA is better option for all graduates & provide better career option also so kindly take preparation for CAT,MAT,XAT etc exams fo getting good colleges MBA like IIM etc.

but if you have some work experience after your B.Tech then you will sure get a good job with some attractive packages.

good luck.
31st August 2010, 11:07 AM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Various fields other than programming or software after B.Tech in Computer Science

dear friend,
As you are a student of B.Tech in CSE & not interested in programing field, then i want to suggest you to change your field.

You should do MBA after B.Tech as a better option for you.

No doubt now a days the MBA is better option for all graduates & provide better career option also so kindly take preparation for CAT,MAT,XAT etc exams fo getting good colleges MBA like IIM etc.

but if you have some work experience after your B.Tech then you will sure get a good job with some attractive packages.

good luck.
31st August 2010, 05:53 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

since you are Comp sc student you can also go into the field of animation nd visual effects...and there are various companies like Rhythm and hues...which recruit candidates in thsi field..
31st August 2010, 08:08 PM
Rickers

Hello friend,

If everyone become programmer then what happen to the IT market.
Don't to worry about these things if you are not well or not interested in the field of programming like C,C++, JAVA, . NET, C# etc.

I will suggest you go for administrator job in the field of computers.
There are many admin courses which make good career.

DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
DATA WAREHOUSE MANAGER
TESTING EXECUTIVE AND ASSISTANCE
DATA MAINTENENCE
and many more....

If you are not interested to database like SQL and ORACLE then you can also go for in the field of NETWORKING.
You can do...
REDHAT CERTIFIED ENGINEER
CISCO
HTMT
TELNET
...etc.

So these are the best option for one who doesn't likes programming and software development field.

Good luck!!!!!
1st September 2010, 01:59 PM
syedirshadameen

i think there is only programming in computer science engineering
16th October 2010, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

how to improve technically
2nd November 2010, 01:50 AM
omerkhan123

hi friend
In Engineering b tech which is the better option CSE or IT.
plzz help me.
3rd November 2010, 04:19 PM
megha ram singh

If you don't want to go in programming or software, so I'll suggest you to persue MBA after this you'll be able to do whatever you want to do and u'll get job any company, yuo can also go for MNCs..u''ll have a bright future..all the best..
30th November 2010, 01:19 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
Its ok if you are not in programming other field are also available for you like netwoking , hardware, testing, multimedia .

Some govt sector jobs like in bank, LIC, railway dont want anything related to programming they are entriely different field.
30th November 2010, 01:24 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to improve technically
Only practice and smart study is required to improve technical knowledge.

Daily cover one topic start with simple one and then discuss this with your friend and solve its question to know more about the topic.

You can join coaching to improve your technical knowledge. Take subject one by one and when you start filling comfortable with particular subject then try for tough topics that will help you in improving technical knowledge.
If you have any query reagarding subject discuss with friend, teachers , seniors .
30th November 2010, 01:27 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerkhan123 View Post
hi friend
plzz help me.
Both are good branch in current senerio if you interested in CS then take it otherwise IT.

CS covers hardware as well as software part but IT covers only software.

But private companies give equal preference to both CS and IT.
In govt sector CS have edge over IT.
11th December 2010, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

for IT btech networking career
12th December 2010, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

good evening guys...
I'm in 2nd yr right now... & i have very much interest in programming field..
I'm doing B.Tech in IT
i want to ask u all that like MBA & M tech is there is any field present to have a masters degree in programming field after BTECH..
13th December 2010, 07:57 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hey u can do MBA degree after the b tech degree so that u can have better job opportunity
15th February 2011, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

sir i'm ashwani my data is- 10th : 58 % 12th : 68% b.tech(cse) : 68% plz tell me , about govt. jobs email : ashwaniku1791 @gmail.com
18th February 2011, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have completed my b.tech in 2010 with 57.7% and would like to know the industry needs so as to upgrade my skills to meet the industry needs?

email id:- [email protected]
26th February 2011, 02:41 AM
Unregistered

I am planning for B.tech Mba dual degree from lovely professional university.Am i taking righ decision please help..............
1st April 2011, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

hello.. i m vandana. i m a b.tech 3rd year student.i m doing b.tech with IT, but i have no interest in programming. so suggest me some good job option after b.tech which doesn't include programming and also give some tips so that i can start preparing for that particular job. my e-mail ID is- [email protected]
23rd May 2011, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

hi , i am jayendran . i hv completed elctronics and communication engineering . please tell me the courses related to this to enter into a core company.
24th May 2011, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

hi .......im sangeetha. m a b.tech 3rd year student.i m doing b.tech with IT, but i have no interest in programming. so suggest me some good job option after b.tech which doesn't include programming and also give some tips or prefer some courses to improve myself. so that i can start preparing for that particular job. my e-mail ID is- [email protected]
25th May 2011, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

i have finished my mca in 2005 with 58.3 percentage from osmania.i have 50.72 percentage in bsc.(mpc).what would be the
best career option now of 2011
1st July 2011, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

hai! i hv completed my b.tech in CSE...since i have no program skills i m confused..plz reply me abt some job options other than programming or software.also abt the jobs in govt sectors
email [email protected]
13th July 2011, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

Hai! Myself Swaminathan if have completed M.tech (cse).At present iam working as lecturer in engg college.
I have M.tech(cse)-73% (1stclass), B.tech(I.T)-6.37(CGPA)(2nd class), 12th-75%(1st class), 10th-71%(1st class).
iam strong in C and C .
after completing m.tech in 2009 i joined in the college,But now i aim thinking to switch over to it sector
whether i can move to it sector as already 2 years gone?
whether they take me as employee as iam 2nd class in btech?
to enter into the field what are the certification courses i have to do (programming or non programming)?
27th July 2011, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

hello.. i m a b.tech 4th year student.i m doing b.tech with CSE, but i have no interest in programming. so suggest me some good job option after b.tech which doesn't include programming and also give some tips so that i can start preparing for that particular job. my e-mail ID [email protected]
12th September 2011, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

how to join in networking jobs after completion of b.tech cse not good in programming
15th September 2011, 03:08 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:

If you are a computer science students than its very good for you to choose

programming field for your future preference.There is so much scope for a

good programmer in IT sector so its good for you to choose any perticular

language which will give you jobs opportunity in future.

If you dont have interest in programming then you have other options.You

can get a job in public sector as well as private sector.So try for govt. job.

The other field for a computer science student

NETWORKING

ENIMATION

DATABASE.

So you can choose any one of them.

All the best.
16th September 2011, 12:25 AM
fahran

Hi dear,
Its really a difficult situation that you are not good at programming despite being a computer guy. If you think that this is not the right choice then you must either try to improve yourself in the field or change your path.
i would suggest you the later choice ie improve your technical knowledge in the field because if you do good at this then you can join a good software firm. Also, you could go for CDS, IES and higher studies.
If you are thinking of getting away from computer field then you must go for either MBA or Civil Services. But that should be completely your decision.
Thanks
16th September 2011, 12:45 AM
fahran

Hi dear,

Thanks
29th November 2011, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerkhan123 View Post
hi friend
plzz help me.
cse dude...there u can learn more than IT

all d best
30th November 2011, 11:58 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
my friend if you don't have any interest in programing or software field then why you choose computer science branch..

Without having interest you will not able to learn anything.

But as you are saying that you don't want to go for software or programming field then you can apply for other fields like-

1.BANK PO exams

2.Defense exams

3.Railway jobs

4.UPSC conducted civil service exam

etc..

Now it is upon you.

All the best.
15th January 2012, 12:56 PM
tesmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickers View Post
Hello friend,

If everyone become programmer then what happen to the IT market.
Don't to worry about these things if you are not well or not interested in the field of programming like C,C++, JAVA, . NET, C# etc.

I will suggest you go for administrator job in the field of computers.
There are many admin courses which make good career.

DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
DATA WAREHOUSE MANAGER
TESTING EXECUTIVE AND ASSISTANCE
DATA MAINTENENCE
and many more....

If you are not interested to database like SQL and ORACLE then you can also go for in the field of NETWORKING.
You can do...
REDHAT CERTIFIED ENGINEER
CISCO
HTMT
TELNET
...etc.

So these are the best option for one who doesn't likes programming and software development field.

Good luck!!!!!
I have read all comment i liked your only....any thng can happen if a single person gives a hope..
18th January 2012, 02:20 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hii dear
Dear friend
various feild for cse student except software

job in different bank
job in engineering college
job in indian army
job in indian airforse
job in navy
upsc
job in postal department

best of luck
thank you
30th January 2012, 02:52 PM
drurv

12th February 2012, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Hi dear,

dont worry even i am an btech coputer science graduate, who is not interested in programming.
u have many other options other options than pure programming in our field itself.

U can do any ERP courses,
Oracle, SAP, MAXIMO etc..
and all these itself have different fields also..
please find ur area of interst and u'll be in ur own track..
13th February 2012, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi,sir i am kokila .I am now studing third year b.tech (IT) and am not interested in programming.So pls pls help to me to get another jobs (without programming).Give an idea to improve that field and what actions perform to get that job.
[email protected] / [email protected]
my details-10th -78%,12th-85%,indegree till now overall 79%

i kindly request you sir pls give an idea both govt. or private jobs
13th February 2012, 05:36 PM
kokilasanthi

Hi sir am kokila now studing third year b.tech(IT) but am not interested in programming.So plz give an idea to get jobs at various field(without programming ) and what steps am do to get that job please help me sir
5th July 2012, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir,
I am divya.I am completed B.Tech in computer science with 66%. I would like to know what are the different types jobs in software industries.and , Is data mining is related programming.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?