7th August 2012, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit and eligibility to attend IAS exam? My dream is to be a district collector

please kindly get me the age limit and eligibility for attend the ias exam . Iam from kerala this is my dream to be a district collector.

3rd October 2012, 01:56 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the age limit and eligibility to attend IAS exam? My dream is to be a district collector

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and to become an IAS Officer you have to complete your Graduation course first in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year appearing candidates can also apply for Civil Services Examination conducted by UPSC.
To be eligible for this examination, you must be in the age group 21 - 30 years (reservation for reserved category)
Number of attempts is also limited. . . . .
* General - 4 times
* OBC - 6 times
* SC/ST - No limits
The notifications for this examination is published every year in the month of February. You have to fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC.
The application form is available in two parts and you have to fill both the parts completely. If you are already graduated and fulfil the above mentioned requirements then you are eligible to apply for this examination next year. The dates of next year examination is already published in the official wesite, please check www.upsc.gov.in
The examination is conducted in two stages, Preliminary and Mains, but you have to first appear for preliminary examination. And if you crack the preliminary then you have to appear for Mains examination.
The preliminary is objective type and contains two papers. So, you have to prepare well.
For further details, visit the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
All the Best of Luck . . . . .
7th October 2013, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the age limit and eligibility to attend IAS exam? My dream is to be a district collector

i am belongs to kerala
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?