9th January 2012, 09:38 AM
atchaya

What is the basic procedure to become IAS? Which are the Exams conducted for this? Which Books to prepare for those Exams?

I want to become IAS, but i dont know the basic procedure about that. I want to know what are the books need for reading and what are the exams conducted in that. please help me to become IAS.

Related Questions:
  1. Which books to prepare for GATE & IAS Exams?
  2. How can I prepare for IAS? Books to be referred?
  3. How can I prepare to crack UPSC exams if pursuing B.E. 1st year? Procedure to apply and suitable books to prepare for UPSC exams? -- [New]
  4. How many Exams I have to undergo to become IAS Officer? What are the subjects for this? Which books to prepare for this? Does coaching necessary to become IAS Officer?
  5. How to prepare for aptitude tests conducted by companies for placements?
  6. Procedure and Required Eligibility criteria to give IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing MCA course? Where can I get the forms to apply for this Exam? Which Books should I refer for this Exam if my subject is Commerce?
  7. Which Books are better choice for me to prepare for Group 2 Exams?
  8. How to prepare for IAS exam? Books to be referred?
  9. Age-limit for KAS?
  10. Which Exams are being held for IAS? How to prepare for that Exam? Syllabus for that Exam?
  11. Exam pattern of IAS exam? Procedure to get the application form? Eligibility Criteria of IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Best books to prepare for bank PO exams?
  13. Books from which I have to prepare for IAS exam? Which exam do I have to write?
  14. How can I prepare to crack UPSC exams? Suitable books for preparation?
  15. Books to be referred for public Administration? Best coaching institute in Bangalore?
  16. Best books for IAS Exam?
  17. Which subject should I prefer to face the IAS prelims exam? Best way to prepare for these exams?
  18. What are the government jobs for biotechnology engineers? When the exams are conducted and how to prepare?
9th January 2012, 01:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the basic procedure to become IAS? Which are the Exams conducted for this? Which Books to prepare for those Exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atchaya View Post
I want to become IAS, but i dont know the basic procedure about that. I want to know what are the books need for reading and what are the exams conducted in that. please help me to become IAS.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

OPTIONAL SUBJECT

You can choose optional subject as your strength .

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

BEST CIVIL SERVICE EXAMS BOOKS

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012

I have attached the syllabus and question paper for IAS exam.So please check it out.

For more details you can visit www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IAS EXAM.pdf(11.7 KB, 86 views)
File Type: doc IAS-Prelims-Paper-I-Solved-2011.doc(86.0 KB, 78 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?