13th August 2017, 11:06 PM
Durga Pal

What is the criteria required for doing 3 years BA LLB course in Calcutta university?

I am a 3rd-year graduate student. After graduation, I want to pursue the 3 years BA LLB course from Calcutta University. Can I? If yes then what are my eligibility criteria? Can you please give me the information on this? Awaiting for the answer.

14th August 2017, 08:50 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the criteria required for doing 3 years BA LLB course in Calcutta university?

It's not possible to pursue 3 Years LLB course from Calcutta University now, as it has been already migrated to 5 years integrated course. Currently most of the Universities shifted or migrated to 5 years integrated course, any how only some of the Universities are providing 3 years LLB course.

So, you can choose another University to pursue 3 years LLB course after completion of graduation.

In Calcutta University (CU), BA LLB - 5 years integrated course is available, which includes bachelor degree. But you have already completed it, there is no point in pursuing it again.

Eligibility for 3 years LLB course,
1. Should be Graduate
2. 45% minimum required for general category, 5% relaxation for SC/ST category (It may vary depends upon University)
3. Upper age limit is 30 years, 5 years relaxation for SC/ST category
14th August 2017, 11:46 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the criteria required for doing 3 years BA LLB course in Calcutta university?

Yes a graduate candidate with minimum 55% can pursue LLB 3 year course where there is no age restriction . Will recommend you to qualify the CLAT exam for admission in Kolkata University .
14th August 2017, 12:29 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durga Pal View Post
I am a 3rd-year graduate student. After graduation, I want to pursue the 3 years BA LLB course from Calcutta University. Can I? If yes then what are my eligibility criteria? Can you please give me the information on this? Awaiting for the answer.

Sorry, you will not able to get admission in calcutta university for 3 year LLB course Because Calcutta university only offers 5 year course after 10+2. So you have to choose some other collage near Calcutta in west Bengal. Here below I will provide you list of institutes you consider to take admission for 3 year LLB course:-

List of Colleges Offer 3 Year LLB Course Near Calcutta (West Bengal):-

1). Hoogly Mohsin College.(Hugli(West Bengal)).

2). Midnapore Law College.(West Bengal).

3). University College of Law – North Bengal University.(West Bengal).

4). Indian Institute of Legal Studies.(Darjeeling(West Bengal)).

5). Department of Law Burdwan University.(Burdwan(West Bengal)).

6). University College of Law – North Bengal University.(West Bengal).

7). Department of Law Burswan University.(Burdwan(West Bengal)).

8). Durgapur Institute of Legal Studied.(Durgapur(West Bengal)).

Eligibility Required to Apply for 3 year LLB Course:-

>> Qualification required to apply for 3 year is graduation in any stream.

>> Applicant must have done graduation from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks, Relaxation of 5% for candidate comes under reserve categories.

>> Age limit to apply for 3 year course is Minimum age limit is 17 years and Maximum age limit is 30 years. Relaxation of 5 years for candidates comes under reserve categories.
14th August 2017, 12:47 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

The minimum education requirement for pursuing 3 years BA LLB course is graduation degree from any recognized university. Here are some good colleges affiliated by Calcutta university:

University of Calcutta
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
University of Calcutta Department of Law, Hazra Campus

But the Calcutta University does not offer 3 year LLB course. Calcutta University offers 5 years LLB course after 12th class. The total intake capacity is 120.
So, it would be better to join 3 year LB course in any other college.
14th August 2017, 02:08 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor of law, a 3 years law degree course which can be pursued after graduation in any stream. The Eligible Candidate must be an Indian national having completed graduation in any stream with 40% marks from a recognised University within the age of 30 years.
Some top institutes conduct entrance exam like Clash for admission to LLB others conduct admission on the basis of marks secured in graduation level.
14th August 2017, 02:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to pursue LLB after graduation:

Aspirants must be graduate with minimum 50% marks.

You have to clear CLAT examination to get admission into this course.

It is a three year undergraduate course.

There are very few colleges which conduct entrance exam.
14th August 2017, 04:04 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

You will not get admission in Calcutta University for the LLB course. The reason is that Kolkata University has migrated to 5 years LLB course while you can now only apply for the 3 years LLB course.

Eligibility criteria:-

You should be graduate to apply for 3 years course.

45 to 50% marks are required depending on university.

SC / ST are given 5% relaxation in marks criteria.

Upper age limit for the course is 30 years.

Maximum 5 years relaxation is given to SC / ST.
14th August 2017, 07:10 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The very first thing I would like to let you know that Calcutta University does not offers BA LLB course of three years and hence no question of procedure for admission in the same.

Further it offers BA LLB course of five years for which the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree with 40% marks from a recognized board of education.

For details about various courses offered by Calcutta University and their corresponding admission criteria you can refer to the link www.caluniv.ac.in.
15th August 2017, 12:25 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

B.A LLB is five year duration course and required minimum qualification to get admission in course is candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

LLB is three year duration course and candidate passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to get admission in course.

But, Calcutta university does not offers LLB course ( 3 year ). So, either you have to pursue 5 year B.A LLB course or have to take admission in other university in LLB course.
15th August 2017, 12:34 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Calcutta University faculty of Law offers only two courses :

B.A LLB ( 5 years duration ).

LLM ( 2 years duration ).

So, you are not eligible to get admission in three years LLB course in the university.

For admission in other universities required qualification to get admission in the course is bachelor degree in any discipline.

But, candidates have to qualify in entrance examination or come under the merit list for final admission in the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?