9th November 2010, 01:13 PM
pankaj sehgal

What to do after B.Tech?

i have completed my b.tech in computer science with 71 per cent marks can i apply for ias and merchant navy. and what is procedure

9th November 2010, 06:42 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What to do after B.Tech?

yes you can apply for ias as graduate since your b.tech degree is your graduation. howeverr as per my best of knowledge you will not find your path in merchant navy as it is best suited for mechanical engineers .they after completeing exam and training works as marine engineer but you are a computer science student so try to make your language concept better and try for some private job . you will get with a good payable salary. good luck
9th November 2010, 06:43 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

after b.tech you can do mba or m.tech . mba is good for you because it is a managment class after this you can get a good job in a big company.. thanking you..
9th November 2010, 07:39 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
yes you can apply for IAS as well as merchant navy....
just download the application form their official website and fill in the details and submit it on or before the last date..

good luck
9th November 2010, 10:10 PM
malini k

Red face Re: What to do after B.Tech?

dear friend,
After B tech you can go for various courses like M tech,MBA, MCA ,MS etc
after all its up to your area of interest ,since you are the one who knows you better than any one else so find your area of interest first and plan for your future.
If you are interested in doing M tech,then prepare for GATE exams and try to get admission in IITs,if you are interested in MBA ,then prepare for CAT and MAT exams and try to get admission in IIMs.
If you are willing, you can go abroad for doing MS and establish your self in higher positions in life.
I can say one thing that
MBA-earn money and live fast
M tech-earn respect and live peacefully
then,you can think differently also i.e, you can try for IAS,IES exams which helps you to attain such responsible and dignified positions in life and serve our country and we can help our nation to grow as faster as possible .And we will also get the sacrifice by contributing something to our nation's growth
Hear your soul's voice,that will guide you in the right way
Good luck friend
9th November 2010, 10:23 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

HEY..HI PANKAJ
CONGRATS FOR YOUR 71 PERCENTANGE ITS EVEN TOO GOOD

and..by the way..going or choosing IAS AND MERCHANT NAVY is one of the good career as said.

and these are the informations i want to share with you

qualification: The minimum eligibility for courses in Nautical science and Marine engineering is 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. He should also pass a medical fitness test for sea service under standard norms and with eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.

Candidates wishing to enter the navigational and engineering fields of Merchant Navy need to complete a Bachelors degree in Nautical Science or Marine engineering, before they can gain admission to the field.

Direct entry to Merchant Navy is also possible - students who have completed their 12th with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) are eligible to join as Deck Cadets and a student holding a bachelor's degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Technology Engineering could also join the Merchant navy as a Engine Cadet/ Fifth Engineer/ Junior Engineer. Direct entry Deck Cadets are required to undergo basic pre-sea training arranged by the recruiting company itself and the direct entry Engineering cadets are preferred to do a Pre-sea course of 9 months duration in Marine Engineering conducted by the MERI.

AND..for IAS SOME ONE HAS ALREADY POST ABOUT THAT

regards
~~
10th November 2010, 09:58 AM
tirthak04

hey , since you are a computer engineer (and a pretty good one according to your marks !) you should probably drop the idea of merchant navy as 1) it is a job more specifically built for mechanical/electrical/petroleum engineers. and 2) i dont think it is as good as it is turned out to be, for someone like you who i think would prefer more applications of brain over brawn.
and yes you CAN apply for the IAS. Personally i think it'd be a great choice for a bright and stable future.
10th November 2010, 12:01 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Hiiiiiiiii
It totally depends on you in which you have interest-------as there are many options--some are
1.)M.tech--if you want to go in your technical field this is best..
qualified exam-GATE
2,)MBA--if you want to go in management side or business side.
qualified exam-cat,mat..
3.)M.S--from outside country or in India.
qualified exam--GRE,and other exam corresponds to that country and their college requirement.

but last decision should be yours......
ALL THE BEST
11th November 2010, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

What one career option is best in future is that ias vs ms ?
27th November 2010, 05:19 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj sehgal View Post
i have completed my b.tech in computer science with 71 per cent marks can i apply for ias and merchant navy. and what is procedure
With 71% of marks in B.Tech you can apply to IAS and merchant navy. As a mechanical engineer you can have a glowing career in merchant navy. There is 1 year long training for mechanical engineers which you have to take up in order to join merchant navy. You can also appear the civil service exam conducted by the UPSC exam to join IAS.
5th December 2010, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

i have completed mechanical btech with 60%.after that what is my choice to select.mba,mca,ms,mtech,
6th December 2010, 07:24 PM
mseetharamster

yes you can apply for both.
For IAS you have to wait for the notification of IAS.
For doing merchant navy search for good institute offering that in your area or the place you want.Because admission process varies for different colleges.
7th December 2010, 09:58 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

You can apply for both the posts, but IAS is better than going for Merchant Navy.
In Merchant Navy you can apply for the navigation branch. You are eligible if you are 12th pass only for the post. The more details are available at:
http://www.educationinfoindia.com/marinefaq.htm

For IAS you need to apply for Civil Services exam. In that you have to clear both prelims and mains round and then the interview. It is difficult and demands more efforts than any other option available to you.
You can get more details about IAS at the upsc.gov.in website.
26th June 2011, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

sir
i am a student of eee branch.can u tell me syllbus for ies exam
3rd November 2011, 10:58 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

hey , since you are a computer engineer (and a pretty good one according to your marks !) you should probably drop the idea of merchant navy as 1) it is a job more specifically built for mechanical/electrical/petroleum engineers. and 2) i dont think it is as good as it is turned out to be, for someone like you who i think would prefer more applications of brain over brawn.
and yes you CAN apply for the IAS. Personally i think it'd be a great choice for a bright and stable future.
7th November 2011, 07:12 PM
samspat

hi dear

after B.Tech gose to

1.)M.tech--if you want to go in your technical field this is best..
qualified exam-GATE
2,)MBA--if you want to go in management side or business side.
qualified exam-cat,mat..
3.)M.S--from outside country or in India.

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?