14th January 2018, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

What to do after graduating in Commerce to be a school teacher?

I will be completing my graduation in commerce soon after which I want to build my career in teaching. So, what should I do in order to become a school teacher? Will my graduation in Commerce will be enough or do I need to do B.Ed also followed by M.Ed?

Related Questions:
  1. Can commerce student become high school teacher?
  2. How can I become a English teacher for 10 standard in school with B.com?
  3. Can I become a maths teacher in CBSE school after scoring 39% in degree in commerce, 53% in Mathematics and 64% in B.ed?
  4. What is the procedure followed to get art and craft teacher job in government school after graduating with history stream?
  5. Can I become a Primary School Teacher after completing graduation in Commerce? What course should I do to become a Teacher or a Lecturer?
  6. Is it possible for a B.Com graduate Housewife to become a Government Teacher?
  7. After B.Com and M.Com what to do study further in order to become a Primary School Teacher? -- [New]
  8. Eligibility to become a teacher after 12th class with 83% marks?
  9. Whether B.Ed is necessary to become private school teacher B.Tech(CSE) student? Should I have to appear in any entrance exam? Procedure to become Computer teacher in any private school?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for teacher in recognized school being a teacher in non affiliated CBSE school?
  11. Is B.Ed degree must for Work Education Teacher?
  12. Is MBA graduates eligible to teach Accounts in High school?
  13. Can i apply for B.Ed if I am commerce student and also a teacher in aided school for last 20 years?
  14. What is the eligibility criteria to become a school teacher in Madhya Pradesh?
  15. Is it compulsory to do B.Ed after completing MCA to apply for PGT teacher in CBSE school? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. What should I do to get a regular teacher job in IP school?
  17. Teaching job after passing 12th this year
  18. Can I apply to study B.Ed being a Upper Primary Government School Teacher since 20 years?
17th January 2018, 01:36 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What to do after graduating in Commerce to be a school teacher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will be completing my graduation in commerce soon after which I want to build my career in teaching. So, what should I do in order to become a school teacher? Will my graduation in Commerce will be enough or do I need to do B.Ed also followed by M.Ed?
In order to become a teacher in a good school only graduation degree is not enough. After graduation it is essential to take admission to a B.ED degree program if you want to teach in a senior secondary section. To join in a B.ED degree program, you need to score 50% minimum in your bachelor level of study. Admission is done on the basis of entrance examination followed by personal interview round. The duration of this course is for 2 years. You can do B.ED in a regular mode as well as distance mode. After you complete the course you will be getting opportunity from a good school for the post of a teacher. Following are the list of institute where you can take admission for the B.ED degree program :

Bombay Teachers Training College
Bangalore University
Indira Gandhi National Open Unievrsity
Karnataka State Open Unievsrity
Punjab Unievrsity
University of Calcutta
University of Calicut
Kota Open University
Bombay University
Delhi University

After B.ED you can also join M.ED for the better opportunity as well as to increase your salary structure in educational field.

If you are interested teaching in primary section then you have to join D.Ed (Diploma in Elementary Education) or TTC (Teacher Training Course). The eligibility to join this course is 10+2 in any stream from recognized board with 50% minimum aggregate score. The admission vary from institute to institute. It may be either direct admission or entrance examination might take place. The seats are very limited for this course about 30- 50 students per year. Following are the list of D.ED colleges in India :

Akash College of Education, Harayana
Acharya College of Education, Karnataka
Loreto College, Kolkata
Assembly of God Church, Kolkata
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Bombay Teacher's Training college, Bombay
AM College Of Education, Haryana.

So, you can take any one of the program based on your interest.
17th January 2018, 07:59 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

As you have done graduation in commerce stream and want to make your career as teacher, then you must have to do B.ED (Bachelor of Education) course after which you are eligible to apply for teacher post in areas like Education departments, Coaching centres, Education consultancies, Home tuition, Private tuition, School and Colleges etc.
  • After completing graduation duration of B.ED course is 2 years.
17th January 2018, 09:13 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

For becoming school teacher you need to attend TGT or any teacher entrance tests.

The basic eligibility required for attending these tests is to complete graduation level degree in any related stream with minimum 50% from any recognised university.
You also need to study B.Ed with minimum 50% from any recognised university.

So, after completing your graduation you need to study B.Ed from any recognised university.
21st January 2018, 12:30 AM
chikkykranthi619

Since you want to see yourself as a school teacher then definitely you must do B.Ed which is a minimum qualification required to teach in any school whether it may be a private school or a government school.
Doing M.Ed is an optional one after B.Ed you can do M.Ed if you are interested.
Prepare and write entrance exam conducted by the state government and score merit marks so that you can become school teacher as soon as possible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?