3rd March 2012, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

What are the documents required for IAS mains exam?

what are the documents required for ias mains exam ...please tell me the documents requied

26th June 2012, 12:34 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the documents required for IAS mains exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what are the documents required for ias mains exam ...please tell me the documents requied

IAS 2012 Mains Examination Details

The Civil Services (Main) Examination 2012 will commence from 5-10-2012 and continue for 21 days. The first paper will be GS or General Studies followed by Essay and English (Compulsory). The third day will be the Indian Language paper and this will be followed by various optional papers on different days.

In all the 2012 IAS Mains exam will consist of 2000 marks ( GS paper of 600 marks, 2 optional papers of 600 marks each, essay paper of 200 marks) and students securing more than 940 marks (general category) can expect an Interview call from the UPSC.

Each paper of the 2012 IAS Mains exam will be of 3 hours duration and there will be 3 hours break between two papers held on the same day. For instance, GS paper 1 will be held in the morning and paper 2 in the afternoon.

Approximately 13 times the total number of seats qualify the prelims and appear for the mains exam. So if the total number of seats announced in the 2012 prelims notification is 900, about 10,700 candidates will clear the prelims and write the mains exam.

Finally, about 2.5 time the total vacancies are called for the IAS interview. So out of 10,700 candidates writing the 2012 IAS Mains exam, about 2250 candidates will qualify for the IAS Interview.
3rd July 2013, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

which document attach at the mains exam.for obc candidate?
3rd July 2015, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

I have one backlog in b.tech..I hope to clr it by next sem..does I am eligible to write ias mains..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?