30th June 2012, 12:39 PM
bojja pradeep

What is the essential criteria needed for a mechanical engineer to work in companies?

what is an essential criteria needed for an mechanical engineer to work in companies?

Related Questions:
  1. What's the future of electrical and mechanical engineer in IT companies? Are they spoiling their carrier by doing so?
  2. Companies in which I can work as an engineer trainee? Eligibility criteria, application process and relevant information?
  3. List of Companies that I can work as Mechanical Engineer?
  4. Best companies in Indian and Abroad for 6 months training for Mechanical Engineer?
  5. What is the percentage criteria for placements in PSU for mechanical engineers?
  6. List of companies for B.E(mechanical engineer) situated in Thane location?
  7. List of companies in Pune offering training to Mechanical engineering freshers? At what period to apply in these companies?
  8. What is the salary in India companies for Mechanical Engineer -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Whether experience certificate of CTS is considerable to get job in core companies for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer? -- [New]
  10. How to work as mechanical engineer? What is the minimum salary?
  11. Need complete details about IT software companies? How does a Software company work?
  12. How many companies in Kolkata are providing industrial training for mechanical engineer
  13. Can instrumentation engineers join robotics? What is their role?
  14. List of the companies which recruiting freshers mechanical engineers? I have done my B.Tech with 60% marks from Chhatisgarh university
  15. Job in Private sector for Mechanical Engineer?
  16. Which company should I prefer with 7.5 CGPA in 3rd year?
  17. List of core companies for EEE? What is their eligibility criteria?
  18. How may I get job in mechanical companies? I've completed mechanical engineering
7th September 2012, 08:32 PM
ravichandran_p

Default Re: What is the essential criteria needed for a mechanical engineer to work in companies?

Mechanical engineers need to have:

1 .knowledge of mechanical processes
2.knowledge of physics, electronics and thermodynamics (how energy is converted to heat to make machinery move)
3.knowledge of different gases
4.knowledge of safety regulations and quality standards
5.mathematical modelling skills
6.knowledge of any relevant legislation such as the Resource Management Act, the New Zealand Building Code, local by-laws and town planning regulations
7.computer skills, including the ability to use computer-aided design (CAD) software.

Personal Qualities

Mechanical engineers need to be:

1.accurate, with an eye for detail
2.organised, with good project-management skills
3.practical and good at problem-solving
4.able to work well under pressure
5.able to work well independently and in a team
6.physically fit and healthy.
Careers and Salary

Mechanical engineers can work in a variety of careers including design engineer, drafter, sales engineer and test engineer to name a few. These professionals can also move into roles that involve other engineering skills such as manufacturing and industrial engineering. Overall, the Bureau of Labor Statistics expects six percent growth in employment of mechanical engineers between 2008 and 2018. In December 2010, PayScale reported an average salary ranging from $52,046 to $73,024 per year for mechanical engineers. Those who received the professional engineer license earned an average salary ranging from $80,313 to $103,199 per year
7th September 2012, 08:34 PM
ravichandran_p

Default Re: What is the essential criteria needed for a mechanical engineer to work in companies?

Mechanical engineers need to have:

1 .knowledge of mechanical processes
2.knowledge of physics, electronics and thermodynamics (how energy is converted to heat to make machinery move)
3.knowledge of different gases
4.knowledge of safety regulations and quality standards
5.mathematical modelling skills
6.knowledge of any relevant legislation such as the Resource Management Act, the New Zealand Building Code, local by-laws and town planning regulations
7.computer skills, including the ability to use computer-aided design (CAD) software.

Personal Qualities

Mechanical engineers need to be:

1.accurate, with an eye for detail
2.organised, with good project-management skills
3.practical and good at problem-solving
4.able to work well under pressure
5.able to work well independently and in a team
6.physically fit and healthy.
Careers and Salary

Mechanical engineers can work in a variety of careers including design engineer, drafter, sales engineer and test engineer to name a few. These professionals can also move into roles that involve other engineering skills such as manufacturing and industrial engineering. Overall, the Bureau of Labor Statistics expects six percent growth in employment of mechanical engineers between 2008 and 2018. In December 2010, PayScale reported an average salary ranging from $52,046 to $73,024 per year for mechanical engineers. Those who received the professional engineer license earned an average salary ranging from $80,313 to $103,199 per year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?