8th May 2011, 11:10 PM
likitha100

Is B.Tech 2nd year the correct time to start preparation for CAT exam?

hi, I'm completed my B.Tech 2nd year. i would like to prepare for CAT. What is the correct time to start the preparation for CAT?

10th May 2011, 08:46 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is B.Tech 2nd year the correct time to start preparation for CAT exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by likitha100 View Post
hi, I'm completed my B.Tech 2nd year. i would like to prepare for CAT. What is the correct time to start the preparation for CAT?
Yes this is the right time to start your preparation

As CAT exam is known for its rigor and regarded as the most toughest entrance of India

You need to work hard a lot to compete with the BA and BBA students

as you are not related to this group

As you're a technical person you need to have a lot of Interest in the Coaching and the subjects of MBA

As you will only get introduced in your b.tech classwork

CAT entrance will test only these fields like

Aptitude

Numerical Calculation ability

Logical Reasoning Ability

and so on .

Syllabus seems to be very easy but the time given to solve the questions is very tough

you should be fast and accurate

For gaining this ability I guess Coaching in a good institute will be a correct move

so think up on it

Rather than losing a precious attempt you can plan for it through a good coaching even though its bit costly.

Regards

~AdityA~
10th May 2011, 01:25 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is B.Tech 2nd year the correct time to start preparation for CAT exam?

I dont think so.
If you are enrolled in Btech, then make of use it and do something interesting rather than creating hype for CAT coaching , this can be done even after 4rt yr or after.

Also the first question you are going to face in Interview is that what have you done in your betch and why you want to do MBA.
Untill and unless, you have answer for this question , dont proceed forward...!!!

Mathematics section you dont need to prepare seperately as it will be taught in your btech.
You can practice regarding english and general knowledge.
10th May 2011, 01:30 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Tech 2nd year the correct time to start preparation for CAT exam?

Yes this is the correct time for you to start preparation for the CAT exam.

CAT exam will be considered as the toughest exam in India.

So, in order to crack this, you need to have good preparation prior to the exam.

Practice aptitude to your best extent.

The more practice you have, the less time it will take to solve the questions.

So, allocate your time everyday to prepare for CAT exam.

In a regular fashion, increase the time you allocate for CAT exam and practice more which will help you to get through the exam
10th May 2011, 02:12 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

Thumbs up Re: Is B.Tech 2nd year the correct time to start preparation for CAT exam?

ya...this is the correct time to start your preparation for the cat exam...

CAT exam is very difficult to crack... it needs more practise....

FOLOWING SECTIONS ARE IN CAT EXAM:

=>quantitative aptitude

=>algebraic section

=>verbal ability

=>logical reasoning

among this it is very difficuilt to get marks in logical reasoning....

following books are the prescribed books for CAT EXAM

-->R.S.AGARWAL'S QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE

-->R.S.AGARWAL'S LOGICAL REASONING

-->G.K PUBLISHER'S SOLVED PAPERS FOR CAT...

FOR FURTHER DETAILS,POST YOUR DOUBTS HERE

REGARDS
YOGI
10th May 2011, 10:04 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Yes of course you can start the preparation from now itself. Since CAT exam mainly consists of Verbal Ability (English),Quantitative Ability (Mathematics), Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation hence you need to be perfect in all these concepts to score well in the CAT.

For preparing CAT you can go through self study else you can go to Institutes which provides training. The best Institutes which provides you with quality training along with material are TIME and Career Launcher. There are many more Institutes but these two have been the most promising.

If you want to go through the self study then you need to refer standard books for each section like you can go through the NCERT books of standards 9th to 12th for Quantitative Ability. For Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation you can refer books of Arun Sharma, Verbal Ability part can be followed by going through books like Wren and Martin, referring English Newspapers..etc
10th May 2011, 10:50 PM
erkarthik

hi yeah its all about preparation for a success...so start preparing....all the best........
3rd June 2011, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

refer me some books for cat and mat.im 2nd year eng student
6th June 2011, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

I am sure that i have to crack cat. Now i am in b.Tech 1year.How should i prepare for it and when.
3rd July 2011, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

i am a b.tech second year studnt. i want to prepare for CAT! what is the ideal time to start preparation for it!
9th July 2011, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

what is advantage of mba over mtech iam pursuing my btech 2yr in oils oleochemical surfactant will mba b gud for me after graduation
23rd July 2011, 07:15 PM
s.khandelwal

I had passed 12 & I want to prepare for CAT is it right time to do so???????????
if yes..........then please tell how to stsrt with
23rd July 2011, 07:16 PM
s.khandelwal

I had passed 12 & I want to prepare for CAT is it right time to do so???????????
if yes..........then please tell how to start with.
4th August 2011, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Please refer some books to B.tech 2nd year that can be self studied as a beginning for cats preparation.
4th August 2011, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Please some refer books to B.tech 2nd year that can b self studied as a beginning for cats preparation.
22nd August 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

i m int btech 1st year.. i want to knw should i start preparing for the cat frm now onwards? n if yes how much tym shud i give for cat preparation coz i dnt want btech to suffer because of cat... n which will b the best book to start with ?
17th November 2011, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

I am 1st year student of B.tech i want to start preparation for CAT .is this the right time to give this exam in 2013?
If possible please suggest which books i should follow?
28th January 2012, 06:08 PM
drurv

As CAT exam is known for its rigor and regarded as the most toughest entrance of India
As you're a technical person you need to have a lot of Interest in the Coaching and the subjects of MBA
CAT entrance will test only these fields like:
Aptitude
28th January 2012, 10:52 PM
mani_baban

Smile Re: Is B.Tech 2nd year the correct time to start preparation for CAT exam?

Yes this is the right time to start your preparation

CAT entrance will test only these fields like

Aptitude

and so on .

Syllabus seems to be very easy but the time given to solve the questions is very tough

you should be fast and accurate

For gaining this ability I guess Coaching in a good institute will be a correct move

so think up on it

Rather than losing a precious attempt you can plan for it through a good coaching even though its bit costly.

Regards
22nd May 2012, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Name of coaching institutes who make students prepare for cat after 12th class
14th July 2013, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my first year and entered 2nd year can i go coaching classes for cat exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?