11th June 2010, 09:57 AM
champ

What is included in B.Tech CSE? Syllabus of the following branches?

i want to choose a good enginnering branch. i have asked a lots of people, i didnt get a good answer from any where. so the conclusion which i find is that choose the branch in which ur intersted .
about my interest , i m interested in computer. but i dont know what is included in cse.
so plz tell me what these follwing branches have included in their syllbus through that i will choose a good branch?
1 ece
2 cse
3 it
4 mechinacal
5 civil
6 chemical

30th June 2011, 12:22 PM
322raj

Default Re: What is included in B.Tech CSE? Syllabus of the following branches?

Hi friend,

i read you ques and found you in a problem. This problem is general and comes with all student at your position.

But friend it a most important problem and provide you a stage that how can you solve your problem ?

I advise you donot ignore anyone listen all , then find out a conclusion. Then you can get your aim.

If you want to know about engg branch :-

me :- me is a branch which is known as evergreen branch. After engg you get a job it is granted if you have some talent.

Ece :- it is a new branch which come in light in 9 years. Scope in this branch is not less. It will also a evergreen branch of running years.

It and cse:- both branch are very famous for its income. It provides more income if you have talent. But without talent you are nothing after engg with these branches.

Civil: It is which where you have more chances for gov. Jobs.

IT IS MY POINT OF VIEW ONLY, BUT DEAR YOU SELECT YOUR BRANCH ON YOUR.......................

Best of luck my dear.
30th June 2011, 05:13 PM
KARPAGAM NITHIYANANTHAM

hi friend,

According to your question,ECE,CSE,IT,these 3 are similar groups...it also having similar subjects...so if you go for IT & CSE you will get the same scope,whereas ECE is different from these two.According to mech and civil,these two are typical comparing to each other...both having the good scope.chemical is so different from these all groups.

if you are interested in computer science then just go for B.tech and CSE.It will give you a good scope after completing.

all the best
30th June 2011, 05:15 PM
KARPAGAM NITHIYANANTHAM

Thumbs up Re: What is included in B.Tech CSE? Syllabus of the following branches?

hi friend,

According to your question,ECE,CSE,IT,these 3 are similar groups...it also having similar subjects...so if you go for IT & CSE you will get the same scope,whereas ECE is different from these two.According to mech and civil,these two are typical comparing to each other...both having the good scope.chemical is so different from these all groups.

if you are interested in computer science then just go for B.tech and CSE.It will give you a good scope after completing.

all the best
30th June 2011, 08:26 PM
adinitw

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ View Post
i want to choose a good enginnering branch. i have asked a lots of people, i didnt get a good answer from any where. so the conclusion which i find is that choose the branch in which ur intersted .
about my interest , i m interested in computer. but i dont know what is included in cse.
so plz tell me what these follwing branches have included in their syllbus through that i will choose a good branch?
1 ece
2 cse
3 it
4 mechinacal
5 civil
6 chemical
for any branch......the 1st year syllabus will be same.....and u said tht u r intrstd in computers......so its better for u to choose cse....it l include computer languuages like c,c++,java n thn u l study some operating systems......n thn u will study anologue electronics too.....
in my view...if u get used to programming CSE l b a very good branch
n basically i m a ECE student.....so i l deal with elecronics as well as computers too.....i m attaching my 4 years syllabus..juss check it out
1st July 2011, 09:19 AM
swarupdey89

Hello sir
If you are really keen of computers then you must go for CSE or IT...
these two are best of your choices...

About the syllabus of CSE and IT:
There are very few differences in the syllabus of IT and CSE as because IT is a part of CSE..
But the syllabus depends or varies from one Universities to another..
but the basic subjects are pretty much same...like
1>Language:C,C++,JAVA
2>Operating System
3>Computer Architecture
4>Artificial Intelligence
5>Data Structure
6>Compiler design
7>Networking(Inter-networking)
8>some basics of sciences like physics,chemistry,math
9>environmental science
10>English
etc...

so good luck and go for it...
1st July 2011, 09:22 AM
swarupdey89

Hello sir
If you are really keen of computers then you must go for CSE or IT...
these two are best of your choices...

About the syllabus of CSE and IT:
There are very few differences in the syllabus of IT and CSE as because IT is a part of CSE..
But the syllabus depends or varies from one Universities to another..
but the basic subjects are pretty much same...like
1>Language:C,C++,JAVA
2>Operating System
3>Computer Architecture
4>Artificial Intelligence
5>Data Structure
6>Compiler design
7>Networking(Inter-networking)
8>some basics of sciences like physics,chemistry,math
9>environmental science
10>English
etc...

so good luck and go for it...
1st July 2011, 07:13 PM
kunalmehta

you should definitely take cse.becoz its a good field and its syllabus includes diff languages like c,c++,data structure,unix,java .and if u select this field u will get diff oppurtunity to get a job.
1st July 2011, 11:54 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: What is included in B.Tech CSE? Syllabus of the following branches?

Quote:
1 ece
2 cse
3 it
4 mechinacal
5 civil
6 chemical
As you are saying that you have a interest in computer field then doing engineering in computer is the good option for you. There are lots of
company in which you can apply after the completion of your engineering
if you are extremely well in computers. These companies are

IBM

INFOSYS

ORACLE

MIND SOFT

WIPRO and all. But if you are selecting branch as per the today's requirement
the Mechanical is the best branch for you. But I suggest you to go for that
branch only in which you have more interest.
2nd July 2011, 12:15 AM
venkatesh.jnv

Smile Re: What is included in B.Tech CSE? Syllabus of the following branches?

Quote:
1 ece
2 cse
3 it
4 mechinacal
5 civil
6 chemical

If you are interested in Government jobs,then i can say ECE, CIVIL, Mechanical, EEE are better than CSE,IT....because for CSE stream i think C-DAC is the only notable government company available......

As you are interested in computers,you will hav better future in private companies also...(CMMI level 5) like
TCS,
Mahindra Satyam,
Infosys,
Oracle,
CTS.....etc..

and if at all,u have good personality then u can also join in INDIAN ARMY by applying for UES,TGC....etc..

so u analyze your capability once and select best stream...

BEST of Luck..
2nd July 2011, 12:51 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
1 ece
2 cse
3 it
4 mechinacal
5 civil
6 chemical
1 ece incldes maximum part of electronics core subjects, some commucation subjects and some part of it subjects.....
2 cse includes both the hardware section as well as software section.. cse covres whole computer technology
3 IT is a branch which only covers the software section but not the hardware section.
4 mechinacal incudes only 3 or 4 subjects of software section and i think it must not be your choice.
5 civil also have completely another kind of subjects. it may have 2 or 3 IT subjects. it is also not for you.

6 chemical is absolutely not for you.

Last of all I want to say that if you have the interest only in software part of the computers then you should choose IT. If you have interests in both part of computers namely software and hardware, then you should go for CSE

I think ECE CIVIL MECHANICAL should not be your choice.........
2nd July 2011, 01:33 PM
ranjeet17

in computer science ,it is all about computer ,its types ,its processing in a particular subject .the languages that computer process ,it includes also the data types ,computer programming ,languages like COBOL,C,C++. subjects including rdbms, dbms(data based management system ,computer network,also the brief detail about the semiconductor and its devices.
2nd July 2011, 03:43 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello champ,

CSE , the core subject for technology is the basis of all software. The sylllabus differs from one university to another university.

But some of the main subjects which you are to deal with are given as:

1.C,C++ programming
2. computer networks
3. Software testing and engineering
4.Operating system
5.Client Server computing
6.Web technology etc.
2nd July 2011, 03:44 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Wink Re: What is included in B.Tech CSE? Syllabus of the following branches?

hello champ,

CSE , the core subject for technology is the basis of all software. The sylllabus differs from one university to another university.

But some of the main subjects which you are to deal with are given as:

1.C,C++ programming
2. computer networks
3. Software testing and engineering
4.Operating system
5.Client Server computing
6.Web technology etc.
2nd July 2011, 08:01 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
There is nothing good and nothing bad.. Every streams are good..
Now it is your interest that in which field you want to go..
As you want to know about Computer science field, I will tell you..
Computer science stream consists of subjects like-
1.Object oriented program

2.Networking

3.Computer Architecture

4.Software engineering

5.Operating System

6.Advance JAVA
etc..

As you have already mentioned that you have interest in computer then you should go for Computer science..
do not go for any other stream..
because in that field you can excel yourself..
All the best..
21st July 2011, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Is cse having better job opportunity
28th August 2011, 01:45 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
1 ece
2 cse
3 it
4 mechinacal
5 civil
6 chemical
Its a very common problem so dont worry about this.You have interest in computer branch then you should choose computer branch.Its very good branch and it have so much scope in public sector as well as private sector.There is so much requirment for a computer engineer.So you can choose computer branch.Its very good for your future.
If you are confused and want to know about all branches of engineering.Then i will tell you about all branches.

Electrical,civil,mechenical are core branches of engineering.These are very good for public sector.The requirment of these branch are always present because nothing is possible without these engineers.

Electronics(ece),computer are the growing branches of engineering.You can get more n more scope in these branches.You also have a option for getting a very good package.Because there is so much requirment for these engineer now a days.

So its depend on you which branch is more suitable for you.

All the best
19th July 2012, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects in b.tech cse
20th July 2012, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Does b.tech 1st year syallabus of CSE or IT branch include basics of computer?
4th October 2013, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

hello everyone... i have got an admission in CSE in a prestigious college ... i was glad. but the thing is that i dont have much knowledge in computers so i was just confused. i was totally mad . what shall i do now...? plzzz help me
31st October 2013, 05:32 AM
Unregistered

cse or mechanical has harder maths
19th June 2014, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

I am interested in physics,maths & computers so which branch of engineering is better for me c.s.e. or e.c.e. in 12th I got 98%.
26th June 2014, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Acc to me E.C.E branch is good for you....

in general both the branch contains some portion of all of them but as in india more and more students are taking c.s so it might be possible that there are very less jobs left ........
Moreover you get a very good percentage .
I knw u do ur best in both of the branch.........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?