17th January 2018, 10:17 PM
Sree Prasanna AG

Whether having Arts course after 12th is useful for joining the Indian Army or not?

Can a person who finished 12th from Arts stream can join the Indian Army as an Officer and is glasses for short-sightedness is allowed and what is the maximum weight of the candidate allowed? Will he disqualified if he is 70 kg?

18th January 2018, 08:31 PM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Whether having Arts course after 12th is useful for joining the Indian Army or not?

Yes, one can join Indian Army as an officer is one has done one's senior secondary in Arts.

- You are eligible to take CDS (Combined Defence Services) OTA (Officers Training Academy)

CDS : It is a written examination conducted by UPSC to the officer's post for varied defence forces.

- It will be of examination of 200 marks for OTA. 100 marks English language and 100 marks General Studies.

- You have to appear in SSB ( Service Selection Board) after clearing the written examination

- Glasses are allowed only if it supports a perfect vision as per medical criterion i.e 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other.

- Your height is permissible in proportion to your weight. i.e 70 kg is allowed if you have height of 174cm or above.
18th January 2018, 09:12 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether having Arts course after 12th is useful for joining the Indian Army or not?

Let me tell you that as you have completed your 12th standard with Arts stream so you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination hence you cannot join Army through NDA. But you have an option and that is you can complete your graduation with Arts stream and after that you can appear in CDS examination to join Indian Military Academy.
18th January 2018, 09:55 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, the candidate who have passed 12th standard with Arts stream is eligible to join Indian Army. To join Indian Army, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a Government recognised board, those who are unmarried male candidates in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years are eligible to join Indian Army through NDA examination.
18th January 2018, 10:59 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

You have two ways to join Indian Army. First one is to join Indian Army through NDA examination that can be given after 12th standard but for that a candidate must have at least non medical or commerce stream.

Second way to join Indian Military Academy is a candidate must have minimum qualification of graduation in any discipline through CDS examination.
19th January 2018, 12:55 AM
MNB1234

YES, you can become ARMY OFFICER after studying arts in class 12th.

For this you have to appear in the UPSC conducted NDA exams

Eligibilty to apply for NDA is:
Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA exams. Female candidates cannot apply
Education- For army wing 12th pass in any stream

Age-The age range for NDA 1 2018 is from 2nd July 1999 to 2nd July 2002.

Next NDA exams which is conducted UPSC will be held on 22nd April 2018.

Notification for the NDA exams would come out on 10th Jan 2018 and last date to apply is 5th Feb 2018.

Minimum height for Army Wing of NDA is 157.5 cms.
Your weight is more, so try to reduce your weight.
15th March 2018, 10:37 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Yes you can apply for some posts in Indian army but not for all posts because you have arts background

Some posts for which you can apply
Clerk
Store keeper
JCO
Religious teacher
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?