26th May 2016, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum percentage required in PCM for getting admission in engineering college?

What is minimum PCM grouping required for O.B.C.to take admission in any engg.college? Who can provide me the right details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the complete details soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Will MHT CET marks be enough to get admission in any college? Minimum percentage required to get admission in college?
  2. Qualifying percentage of marks required in HSC in PCM to get admission in engineering college in Maharashtra?
  3. Minimum percentage required in 12th to appear for IIT? Do they consider overall percentage of 6 subjects or only PCM percentage?
  4. Any chance for Biomedical engineering after taking PCM subjects? College in Coimbator which I can opt? Percentage required for it?
  5. Minimum marks required in PCM group in HSC to get admission in engineering college through AIEEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Percentage required for admission in engineering course? Minimum rank required for admission in RV college in CET and COMEDK
  7. Minimum marks required for admission in City College of Commerce? What is the overall minimum percentage required?
  8. What is the minimum percentage required in PUC and CET to get admission in a good engineering college in Bangalore?
  9. What is the minimum percentage required to get admission in fashion designing college?
  10. What is the minimum marks required in PCM group for admission in Engineering?
  11. What is the minimum percentage of marks required in graduation for admission in B.Ed program?
  12. Minimum percentage of marks required in PCM to get into NITs being a candidate having secured 54% in 12th class?
  13. What is the minimum percentage required for applying and admission
  14. Minimum percentage required to get admission in BBA in SD college?
  15. Is there any possibility to get B.E seat after scoring 36% in PUC exam
  16. Minimum marks and percentage required to get admission in presidency college with BSc in Chemistry(Hons)?
  17. NIOS student can get admission in any college of West Bengal University? Is my percentage sufficient to get admission?
  18. Fees and minimum percentage required to get admission in a good college?
26th May 2016, 07:42 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage required in PCM for getting admission in engineering college?

Eligibility Criteria required for getting admission in engineering college :-

-The candidate should have completed 12th standard or higher secondary education with at least 60% aggregate marks in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) .

-The candidate age should be in between 18 years to 23 years.
26th May 2016, 12:02 PM
13precious

Default Re: What is the minimum percentage required in PCM for getting admission in engineering college?

You should have minimum 55% aggregate marks in physics,chemistry & maths in 12th standard after that you will have to crack entrance exam of AIEEE(All Indian Engineering Entrance Exam).

List of some Engineering colleges are as follows:-

Indian Institute of Technology,New Delhi

Indian Institute of Technology,Bangalore

Indian Institute of Technology,Mumbai

Lovely Professional University,Jalandhar

Birla Institute of Technology & Science,Pilani

Alliance University,Bangalore
26th May 2016, 01:16 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is minimum PCM grouping required for O.B.C.to take admission in any engg.college? Who can provide me the right details on the same? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the complete details soon. Thank you!
To get admission in any engineering college you must full fill some basic requirements which is mentioned below.
1). You must have studied PCM or PCMB in 12th standard.
2). You must have also qualified in english.
3). Your age must lie between 17 to 20 years.
4). Required percentage varry from college to college.
>> Some reputed government engineering colleges conduct entrance examination to provide admission.
EAMCET, IIT JEE, LEET are name of few among them.
26th May 2016, 03:35 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

For admission any engineering college for the course of Bachelor of engineering (B.E.) / Bachelor of Technology (B.tech) which is a bachelor degree or course of four years one needs to have a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their main subject with a minimum of 50% ( in case if he/she belongs to general or OBC category as for SC/ST and PH candidates it is only 40% )aggregate from a recognized institute.

Also,one thing I want to make you clear that only the board results are not enough for securing your admission in any good government or private engineering college offering quality education with good placements. So for the same you need to clear engineering entrance examinations like JEE, State EEE, BITSAT, SRMEEE, VITEEE, and other private college entrance examination.

For more details about the eligibility criteria, question pattern and other necessary details related to same examinations you can log on to their respective official link.
26th May 2016, 04:20 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in engineering college, you should have passed Intermediate with PCM stream with minimum qualifying marks from a State/ Central Government recognised board.

You must have to appear in engineering entrance examinations like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, EAMCET, BITSAT, KCET, SMU EEE, etc.,. to get admission in engineering course.

You must have to qualify the examination and participate in the counselling process to get a seat in engineering college.

It is best to have minimum 60% percentage in your Intermediate course to get admission in best engineering colleges.
26th May 2016, 05:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have 50% marks in intermediate are eligible for engineering admission. But the admission procedure will not depend upon the marks secured intermediate.It will depend upon the entrance exam conducted by your state board. You can also attend for National competitive exams like AIEEE, BITSAT NEAT etc. a By attending these exams, you can get a seat in different colleges around India.

So, try to know about the Engineering entrance exam. which will be conducted in your state and apply for that exam.
26th May 2016, 08:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you have completed 12th standard with PCM subject with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible for admission in Engineering college.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
26th May 2016, 10:13 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The admission in engineering colleges are not offered mainly on the basis of aggregate in 10+2.

To get admission in colleges, you have to appear and qualify in the various entrance examination. So, you can appear for JEE, COMEDK , WBJEE, BITSAT.

Candidates after qualifying in the entrance examination are eligible to get admission in the courses.

For more information about examination syllabus and details visit at the official website of the institute.
26th March 2017, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for engineering exams if i secure below 60% marks in PCM ?
18th June 2019, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

My SC rank on jee main is 4953 and I got 63 percent on 12th can I get admission in nit
17th July 2020, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

My ward taken 62percent in 12th but pcm grouping below 50% can she will get admission bin engineering degree
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?