23rd July 2010, 12:51 AM
shreya mishra

What is more beneficial after B.Tech, Civil Services or M.Tech?

sir i m confused about my future as i m not doing b.tech from very reputed college.plz suggest me with reason, what is beneficial after b.tech in computer science either civil service or m.tech.i m very confused b/w the two.

Related Questions:
  1. Which types of books should be referred for Maths in IAS exam?
  2. Aerospace engineering from hindustan university: Fee structure? Is HITS Chennai good for doing B.E in aerospace engineering?
  3. Apart from teaching profession which are the other career opportunities available after M.Tech?
  4. Which Mtech streams can be taken other than Computers after Btech CSE?
  5. What should an ECE graduate choose between M.Tech or job after completion of B.Tech degree?
  6. Is it beneficial to appear in CLAT and Civil Services exam at the same time?
  7. What is more beneficial after B.Tech, Civil Services or M.Tech?
  8. Best colleges for B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering?
  9. Best Engineering colleges in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Any possibility to get a job in Civil Services or Defence services after passing B.Tech in ETC?
  11. After B.tech. what are all the options? Jobs, Exams, Higher Studies?
  12. Is it possible to take M.Tech Civil engineering after doing B.Tech in ECE?
  13. Which is better for me after B.Tech Civil Engineering between M.Tech and MBA? Which branch is preferable for me in M.Tech? Scope of job after B.Tech or M.Tech or MBA?
  14. What can the future prospects be after getting a BTech Biotech degree?
  15. Can a B.Tech student do masters in M.Tech? Will it be helpful to get a better job in future?
  16. Will I be able to do M.Tech and then MBA while doing B.Tech CSE?
  17. M.Tech(electronics) or M.Tech(nuclear physics) after M.Sc(physics) for better career?
  18. PG Diploma course in Public Administration beneficiary for Civil services exam? From where I can do it in distance mode? -- [New]
4th April 2011, 07:24 PM
akshaysharma

Default Re: What is more beneficial after B.Tech, Civil Services or M.Tech?

HI...
well i could say with no doubt that civil services keep a separate and elite position in comparison with M Tech. look the competition in civil services is no doubt more than the GATE, but if you have that much believe on yourself that you could match up that level of preparation that will help you to crack civil services then definitely you should go for civil services and i hope that you will get success in it.
4th April 2011, 08:55 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is more beneficial after B.Tech, Civil Services or M.Tech?

This doubt will be present in many of the young minds...

but it is very simple to conclude the confusion..

there are no specific parameters to say that this is good and that is bad

both have equal respect and benefits if you succeed

to succeed you must have interest interest in it

this interest should involve in selecting the Course ..Either GATE or Civil Services Examination..

As you are of a reputed Engineering college I'm expecting you are good at subject knowledge of your course

if it is correct

and also if you have interest to create something new for your nation..then

go with M.Tech in more reputed colleges like IIT's or NIT's

so that you will have a wider opportunity to apply your knowledge in research and experiments field

second case

if you don't have interest in your Core subjects

and if you are more interested in serving your Nation and increasing social status

then go with IAS entrance that is civil service examination.

these are the reasons

make a best choice as per your interest

regards

~aditya~
30th April 2011, 05:02 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

I think you shall go for finding job..or if you want to further study then you can go for MBA or M.Tech.....
30th April 2011, 11:50 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

you should choose your career option according to your interest and your performance. M.Tech and civil service both are good.

if you want to do M.Tech then you must be very much strong in technical subject. after M.Tech job opportunity and scope is very much high. you may join as lecturer in any good institution after completion of your M.Tech. you may also join in industry as an engineer.

civil service is totally different from engineering. the job after civil service is very much honorable and surely job satisfaction is very much high. but the competition in civil service examination is very much tough. till you may try for the civil service. obviously this is a very good option if you can clear the examination.

you may also join in job in any company. your college is not so much reputed it will not create burden to get job. if you have the capability to suit for the job position and if you can show that then easily you will get good job. i think you should try for the job also. you may also try for some government job. for government job you have to appear in their written examination first.

if you are technically not strong enough then you may also go for MBA study. but MBA is mainly deals with management job although your technical degree will give you more opportunity after MBA.

you should now decide your career yourself. i think it's better to try for everything. appear in GATE examination to take admission in M.Tech through GATE score. appear in job interview and also appear in civil service examination. whichever you will clear go for that.

best of luck.
1st May 2011, 12:13 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Its very difficult to compare civil services and M.Tech.

Both are having there own career prospect.

If you are interested in Higher studies then i would be good if you opt M.Tech.

But if you want to go for Civil services then it going to be very good option because if you qualify civil services exam then you get a government job.

But in the case of M.Tech you are not sure of whether you will get government job or private.

So now its on your interest what you want to do. Choose the option according to your interest and desire.

All the Best...
1st May 2011, 12:29 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

if you want to do M.Tech then you must be very much strong in technical subject. after M.Tech job opportunity and scope is very much high. you may join as lecturer in any good institution after completion of your M.Tech. you may also join in industry as an engineer.

civil service is totally different from engineering. the job after civil service is very much honorable and surely job satisfaction is very much high. but the competition in civil service examination is very much tough. till you may try for the civil service. obviously this is a very good option if you can clear the examination.

you may also join in job in any company. your college is not so much reputed it will not create burden to get job. if you have the capability to suit for the job position and if you can show that then easily you will get good job.

if you are technically not strong enough then you may also go for MBA study. but MBA is mainly deals with management job although your technical degree will give you more opportunity after MBA.
1st May 2011, 12:58 AM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

think you shall go for finding job..or if you want to further study then you can go for MBA or M.Tech.....
1st May 2011, 08:30 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hiii

more beneficial after B.Tech, Civil Services or M.Tech
this interest should involve in selecting the Course ..Either GATE or Civil Services Examination..
As you are of a reputed Engineering college I'm expecting you are good at subject knowledge of your course
if it is correct
so that you will have a wider opportunity to apply your knowledge in research and experiments field
second case
and if you are more interested in serving your Nation and increasing social status

good luck
16th June 2011, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Is that a b.tech graduate in civil engineering is eligible to studt m.tech computers?
21st June 2011, 11:35 PM
sachin6

Both are good. You do any one with your interest. Both have entrance exams for seats. For mtech you write gate exam. For civil services you write exams conducted by upsc by every year . Both have great future.
24th October 2011, 12:03 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreya mishra View Post
sir i m confused about my future as i m not doing b.tech from very reputed college.plz suggest me with reason, what is beneficial after b.tech in computer science either civil service or m.tech.i m very confused b/w the two.
hiii friend...here i can help you.........if you have interest in civil service i will suggest you to go with civil services............

civil services have a respectful position in the society........you can get good fame and also money........
10th November 2011, 01:49 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

But if you want to go for Civil services then it going to be very good option because if you qualify civil services exam then you get a government job.

But in the case of M.Tech you are not sure of whether you will get government job or private.

So now its on your interest what you want to do. Choose the option according to your interest and desire.
10th November 2011, 02:01 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

14th March 2012, 10:20 AM
kaveribiswas

if it is correct

second case

But at last your interest matters to choose what.

Good luck.............
14th March 2012, 10:25 AM
kaveribiswas

if it is correct

second case

But at last your interest matters to choose what.

Good luck.............
14th March 2012, 10:33 AM
jobsick

if it is correct

second case

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?