16th May 2015, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for doing masters in chemical engineering?

I have completed my bachelor of chemical engineering from IIChE. Could I appear for the masters exams which is held by GTU? What is the eligibility criteria for doing masters in chemical engineering? Can someone please provide me the information soon?

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges offering M.E in Chemical Engineering? What is the eligibility criteria for M.E?
  2. Can I do masters in chemical engineering after bachelors in mechanical engineering from Canada?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria in GATE for chemical engineers?
  4. How to do masters programme in chemical engineering from abroad university if I am a chemical engineer with 2 years experience
  5. Criteria to get admission in Masters of Archaeology?
  6. Can I join Masters in Environmental Engineering in IITs or NITs after completion of BE in Chemical Engineering?
  7. How to pursue part time M.Tech in Chemical? What is the eligibility criteria for the course?
  8. What is the procedure for pursuing MS from abroad in Chemical Engineering?
  9. Universities in Germany offering Masters in Textile Chemical or Textile Wet Processing Technology or Textile Merchendising? Details of fees, semester and eligibility?
  10. Is it a good option to go for masters in Chemical Engineering after computer engineering?
  11. What is PSU exam? Can a Chemical Engineering student write the exam? Eligibility criteria for the exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Can I do Ph.d. as well as Master degree at same time?
  13. Can I do masters in Environmental Engineering after Chemical Engineering? How to get admission? Is it through GATE? Girls have any career opportunity in the field of chemical engineering?
  14. Eligibility of ONGC for Chemical engineer? How to prepare for selection test?
  15. Is it a good idea to do Masters in Chemical engineering after B.E Biotechnology?
  16. Is there any scholarship programme available for masters course in UK for Indian Students? What is the criteria and eligibility for getting the scholarship? Universities in UK offering masters in Biotechnology? What is the fee structure?
  17. Colleges in UK or US offering masters in Aerospace along with the eligibility criteria?
  18. Masters in UK possible after 2 years bachelor from India?
16th May 2015, 09:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for doing masters in chemical engineering?

Bachelors in Chemical Engineering is the minimum criteria for admission in Masters in Chemical Engineering program. If you have B.Tech in Chemical Engineering then only you can apply for GTU's M.Tech in Chemical in Engineering program.

If you have got a simple B.Sc degree in Chemical Engineering then you will be eligible only for M.Sc in Chemical Engineering. The difference between these courses is that M.Tech and B.Tech is affiliated to AICTE whereas B.Sc and M.Sc are just affiliated to the concerned university. Hence, you have to apply according to your qualification.
16th May 2015, 11:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria for doing masters in chemical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my bachelor of chemical engineering from IIChE. Could I appear for the masters exams which is held by GTU? What is the eligibility criteria for doing masters in chemical engineering? Can someone please provide me the information soon?

Thanks!
Yes, you are eligible for Masters degree in Chemical Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed bachelor degree in Chemical engineering from a recognized university are eligible for masters degree in chemical engineering.

Your age should be above 18 years.
17th May 2015, 02:43 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thanks!
Yes, of course you can appear in the Post Graduate in Chemical Engineering entrance exam conducted by GTU. Those candidates who have completed their Graduate in Chemical Engineering are eligible.

Eligibility Criteria for Master Degree in Chemical Engineering:

A bachelor degree is the main qualification which is essential to apply for a GTU Master Degree in Chemical Engineering Entrance Exam. Candidates need to have a graduation in subject areas like, Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry, etc. You should also be able to score at least 50% marks in graduation in order to attend this entrance exam for Master Degree in Chemical Engineering.

Contact Information:
Gujarat Technological University
Admission Committee for Professional Courses Building
L.D College of Engineering Campus, Navarangpura, Ahmedabad -380 015
Phone: 079-2630 0499, 079-2630 0599 Fax : 079-2630 1500
Email:[email protected], [email protected]
Web: http://www.gtu.ac.in
17th May 2015, 04:00 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Chemical engineers use their knowledge of chemistry and math to create manufacturing processes, equipment and products.

Eligibility for Master in Chemical Engineering:

You should have passed a bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering.

Most chemical engineering jobs require a minimum of a bachelor's degree. The non-engineering requirements include extensive chemistry courses and labs, such as analytic, organic and physical chemistry.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), all 50 states require engineers who offer their services directly to the public to be licensed (www.bls.gov).
17th May 2015, 04:06 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed B.E/B.Tech in Chemical Engineering or any equivalent are eligible to pursue Master's in Chemical Engineering. So, as a candidate who have completed Bachelor's degree in Chemical engineering, you are eligible to pursue Master's course in Chemical Engineering. And to get admission in this course, you should appear for PG entrance exam, which is conducted in your state. If you qualify in such exam, you can get admission in Master's in Chemical Engineering course.
17th May 2015, 07:48 PM
james hettfield
Member+

For the masters in chemical engineering, you need to appear in GATE. GATE is the exam which is conducted by the IITs to take the admission in various masters’ programs.
For appearing in this examination, you need to be a graduate in technical stream like B.Tech. the percentage criteria for appearing in GATE is that you should be having at least 50% marks in your graduation.
Moreover, there is no age limit for appearing in this examination.
If you get good marks you will be allowed to take the admission in the IITs itself but if somehow you couldn’t make it to the IITs then the GATE score will be the thing that will get you admission in any college you want to be at.
21st September 2016, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for doing masters in chemistry?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?