22nd February 2018, 03:43 PM
smriti banerjee

What are the options available in Mathematics field if I clear the GATE exam?

I am holding a B.Sc in Mathematics (hons.) from Calcutta University. Can I apply for GATE to do Masters in Mathematics? Or is there any other specialized course in Mathematics?

27th February 2018, 12:00 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the options available in Mathematics field if I clear the GATE exam?

After clearing GATE exam, you can do five year integrated M.Sc. degree programmes in Applied Mathematics from anyone of these reputed institutes.
  • IIT Roorkee
  • IIT Kharagpur
  • IIT Kanpur
  • IIT Delhi
  • IIT Guwahati

Also, you can do M.Tech in Applied Computing from above mentioned IITs.
27th February 2018, 04:47 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the options available in Mathematics field if I clear the GATE exam?

No, you are not eligible to appear for GATE examination. GATE examination is conducted for admission in M.Tech or recruitment in PSU's.

If, you want to pursue the course, you have to complete the master course in mathematics from a recognised university.

So, you will become only after the completion of master degree. After clearing the GATE you will become eligible to pursue higher degree in Mathematics from IITs or other best institutes.
27th February 2018, 09:35 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Bachelor degree in Mathematics is not sufficient to appear for GATE examination.

GATE examination is conducted for:-

Recruitment in PSU's.

M.Tech.

The minimum required educational qualification is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university.

So, you have to pursue master degree before appearing for the GATE entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?