19th June 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

What physical requirements like height and weight are required to be an IPS officer?

What are the physical requirements to be an I
P.S officer such as hieght weight etc

21st June 2011, 04:54 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: What physical requirements like height and weight are required to be an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IPS OFFICER

The eligibility criteria and the physical requirements for IPS officer is as follows...

-> AGE LIMIT : Minimum 21 years to maximum 30years for General Category, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC/ST candidates.

-> EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION : Any degree with any discipline from a recognized university. Candidate doing final year can also apply.

-> PHYSICAL QUALIFICATION : Physical need as of height, chest, eye sight are as follows...

-> HEIGHT : Male - 165 cm and Female - 150cm for General Category, for SC/ST/OBC the height for Male - 160cm and Female - 145cm.

-> CHEST : Male - 84cm in Expansion - +5cm and Female - 79 cm in Expansion - +5cm.

-> EYE SIGHT : 6/12 or 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

-> WEIGHT : Normal weight with physical fitness which includes weekly run for 10kms in 60mins, rope climbing etc.. which surely makes you to be fit..

-> Any more queries, leave a post in our forum..
21st June 2011, 06:26 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Default Re: What physical requirements like height and weight are required to be an IPS officer?

Quote:
For IPS-

Height ? Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST
(not the SC/ OBC) ? 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general
also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest ? Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

(Those can?t expand the chest go to next service. If
expansion is less during 1st Medical, i.e. just after
interview; during second Medical, i.e. after the
result, or appeal, expansion can be shown.)

Many people fail in this test of chest expansion.

(I know some people who have cleared this exam during
the second Medical Test, i.e. after the Medical Exam
conducted after the declaration of Final result)

Eye sight ? 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.
6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

Near vision J 1 for good eye.
J2 for worst eye.

The correction is by lenses
only.

High standard for the Colour-blind test.

No inherent night blindness.

Vision should stereoscopic.
6th July 2011, 08:20 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What physical requirements like height and weight are required to be an IPS officer?

what are the height and weight requirement in NDA?
21st July 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir..i have a problem..my bones of both legs is slightly bent in downword side..after touching the both legs.they make some what as a zero like structure after touching both the legs...can any one tell me ..am i physically fit to appearing an IAS ENTRANCE EXAM...PLZ TELL ME ANYONE...SANDEEP TIWARI, GOPALGANJ(BIHAR)
21st July 2011, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir..i have a problem..my bones of both legs is slightly bent in downword side..after touching the both legs.they make some what as a zero like structure after touching both the legs...can any one tell me ..am i physically fit to appearing an IAS ENTRANCE EXAM...PLZ TELL ME ANYONE...SANDEEP TIWARI, GOPALGANJ(BIHAR)
22nd July 2011, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

what are the physical requirements for a cid officer?
23rd July 2011, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

ips candidate want to marriad or unmarriad
24th July 2011, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Important document
26th July 2011, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
what type of physical exersice required of an ips?
plz mail me [email protected]
28th July 2011, 02:13 PM

Smile Re: What physical requirements like height long jump,running, and weight are required to be a SI?

Quote:
What are the physical requirements to be an I si officer such as hieght weight etc
please send me soon as possible thanks
7th August 2011, 08:28 PM
Pritpal Singh Panesar

Sir,

My age is 30 years, can i enroll for IPS, am meeting other requirement of physical fitness.

Due to some family committments, couldnt make it to rite time..can i enroll

Pls reply.
31st August 2011, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

what is the age to conestable require
15th November 2011, 05:21 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria and the physical requirements for IPS officer is as follows...

-> AGE LIMIT : Minimum 21 years to maximum 30years for General Category, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC/ST candidates.

-> EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION : Any degree with any discipline from a recognized university. Candidate doing final year can also apply.

-> PHYSICAL QUALIFICATION : Physical need as of height, chest, eye sight are as follows...

-> HEIGHT : Male - 165 cm and Female - 150cm for General Category, for SC/ST/OBC the height for Male - 160cm and Female - 145cm.

-> CHEST : Male - 84cm in Expansion - +5cm and Female - 79 cm in Expansion - +5cm.

-> EYE SIGHT : 6/12 or 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

-> WEIGHT : Normal weight with physical fitness which includes weekly run for 10kms in 60mins, rope climbing etc..
24th November 2011, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

I want info about police sub inspector
27th November 2011, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

i want to know about standard weight chart according to height and weight for AIO in ncb.
31st December 2011, 05:09 PM
Audrey87

Default What weight should be if my heigh is 5'7?

To be an airhostess how much should i weigh if i am 170 cm height?
31st December 2011, 09:25 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

To become an IPS officer you must have cleared your graduation from a recognized university. And your age must also be above 21years and below 30years. However you also require some minimum physical standards for becoming an IPS officer. They are

Height – Male 165 cm, Female 150 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.
31st December 2011, 10:12 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear........
The Physical details required for IPS officer are as follows.......

This one is for eye sight ..

For more details you can visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck......
22nd January 2013, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

sir..
i am B.sc (mpcs)-2nd year student ihave writen to ips exmination how to prepare?
29th January 2013, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

i am from assam,dist- karbi anglong and my name is rohit kr gupta. so i want to become ips an officer for that how much height is required and now my height is 5.4inch .so you give me correct information about physical fitness for ips
30th January 2013, 11:19 PM
ipmishra
Member+

Hi

The following is the physical requirement:

-> WEIGHT : Normal weight with physical fitness which includes weekly run for 10kms in 60mins, rope climbing etc..

The following is the non physical requirement:
> AGE LIMIT : Minimum 21 years to maximum 30years for General Category, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC/ST candidates.

All the best.
12th February 2013, 02:43 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Friend,

The acronym for IPS is Indian Police Services.

The physical requirements like height and weight for an IPS officer are prescribed as below:-

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

26th May 2013, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

hi, i use to wear spectacles so, what are the distant eyesight required to join ips.
5th August 2013, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

I am m.lokesh my height 162cm but i am intrusted IPS or any police uniform(Police Constable) please help me any idea for my police life.
Hence i am bourn for police.
Any idea please forward me.
My mail id [email protected] i want need height.
I what doing please send in your idea for i am waiting.
na oru kavalkarana aaganum(Police men). Please send your power full word. I can do it.please.
17th February 2014, 03:55 AM
Unregistered

Helo..i have only 1 problem.my eye sight is weak i use specs ..

Kindly tell me can i use contect lens..plz tell me sir
18th March 2014, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

What should I choose medical, nonmedical, commerce or arts if my percan in 10 is 95.9
3rd April 2014, 06:49 AM
Unregistered

My left leg boken in accdent the doctor did operation n now I can walk can I can apply for IPS or not plz send me deaylesoon [email protected]
29th July 2014, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

after sslc i cmpleted diploma n now iam studying in bcom final year m eligible for upse exam????
10th October 2014, 07:20 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir I am tarique gulab taimi from bajpatti sitamarhi bihar.I want to prepare for ips exam but my physical problem is that I have not required chest condition.can You any suggest me pls
4th September 2015, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir my height 165 cm BE final year me ips oficer eligible or not help me contact 7708859830 (tamilnadu)
12th June 2017, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir my height is 164 cm can I will be eligible for IPS officer. Please inform me at my contact 8698405868. I'm eligible for other category like chest, weight, eye vision etc. only their is problem of height.
24th April 2018, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir my one front teeth is broken. Can i eligible for ips? Plzz give me a suggestion sir.
Waiting for ur reply sir
18th September 2018, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Other than height and weight what are other quality required for a girl to join Indian navy
11th July 2019, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

What I can do or Which subject i study to become IPS officer and I AM in class 8
1st August 2019, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Sir/mam, I have a tattoo on my wrist so can I eligible for PSI???
9th September 2019, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

If I have the required height for IPS but other selected candidates have much height than me in such case may I be rejected?
15th November 2019, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

If IPS exam can take directly
7th May 2020, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

21 years me selection nhi hoga kya girls ka in obc
29th August 2020, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want to ask that how much weight did we need to become a IPS officer.
15th September 2020, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am in class 8th and mine weight is 80kgs but have a fit body them may I am good in physical activity in uos
6th November 2020, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

How much weight is required to be an IPs officer
19th January 2021, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hii Sandeep there is no physical requirements for the IAS exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?