18th May 2015, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Procedure and eligibility to join Indian Army for 11th Arts candidate?

Hi,
I am Manisha and I am in 11th Arts and I really want to do something for my Motherland my country. I want to join Indian Army. So I want to know that can I join Indian army right after my 12th Arts? If yes so what's the process to join Indian army?

22nd May 2015, 02:46 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure and eligibility to join Indian Army for 11th Arts candidate?

After completing intermediate, you are definitely eligible to apply for Indian Army. To join in Indian army, the candidate need to crack the NDA examination, which is conducted by UPSC examination.

Eligibility:

You must be citizen of India.
You should have completed intermediate from a recognized school.
You must have attained the age of 16.5 years and must not have attained the age of 19 years.
Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.
Final year of intermediate course may also apply.

Procedure:

There is no offline mode of application forms. The application forms are received only online mode. The online mode of application forms are available at the time of notification. More details, visit the official website of UPSC
22nd May 2015, 04:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and eligibility to join Indian Army for 11th Arts candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am Manisha and I am in 11th Arts and I really want to do something for my Motherland my country. I want to join Indian Army. So I want to know that can I join Indian army right after my 12th Arts? If yes so what's the process to join Indian army?
You are a student of 11th standard in Arts stream so after completion of your 12th standard you can apply for Indian Army exam through NDA exam.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
22nd May 2015, 05:27 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Army after completio of your 12th standard, you need to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 19 years.

3. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
1st June 2015, 01:04 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Army through NDA exam after passing 12 th class .

UPSC conducts NDA exam twice a year to make recruitment in the different wings of Indian Army.

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The age limit for the candidate is 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.

-The qualification required to join NDA is 12th class of 10+2 education system from a recognized board for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

-The selection process involves

*Written Examination

* Personal Interview by Service Selection Board

-The candidate should be physically fit as per the Physical Standards required to join NDA.

-The minimum height for a NDA candidate to join Indian Army should not be less than 157 cm.

-The Written exam constitutes of 2 subjects,

* Maths -300 marks

* General Ability Test-600 marks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?