20th December 2011, 11:27 AM

What qualification I need to do for IPS being a candidate having completed Diploma?

Just now i completed diploma , so what qualification do we need to do an IPS

20th December 2011, 02:46 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What qualification I need to do for IPS being a candidate having completed Diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Firstly, Diploma Candidates are Not eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become IPS Officer, So if your aim is to become IPS Officer then please complete your Graduate degree course first, Because only graduate candidates are eligible to apply for Civil services examination.

To apply for this examination you have to attained the age of 21 years and Not have attained the age of 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/Candidates.

There is No Minimum percentage is Required to apply for this examination.

The examination is Conducted in 2 stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination. Preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination and all the conducted in same day, If you cracked this examination only then you are eligible for Main examination.

The Examination is Conducted every year and the Notification will be declared on 04/Feb/2012 and the last date of apply for this examination 05/March/2012 and examination is held on 20/May/2012.

But you are Not eligible to apply for this examination Now, So please complete your Graduation first and then apply for this examination Online. If you need more Information then please check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
20th December 2011, 04:41 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What qualification I need to do for IPS being a candidate having completed Diploma?

Eligibility Criteria for IPS 2011 :-

Educational Qualifications :

Graduates in any discipline from a recognised university. Candidates having professional and technical qualifications recognised by the government are also eligible.

Candidates who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission's examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination. All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Civil Services (Main) Examination will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite examination with their application for the Main Examination failing which such candidates will not be admitted to the Main Examination.
In exceptional cases the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate who has not any of the foregoing qualifications as a qualified candidate provided that he has passed examination conducted by the other Institutions, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his admission to the examination.
Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their applications for the Civil Services (Main) Examination, will be provisionally admitted to the Examination provided they submit along with their application a copy of certificate from the concerned authority of the University/Institution that they had passed the requisite final professional medical examination. In such cases, the candidates will be required to produce at the time of their interview original Degree or a certificate from the concerned competent authority of the University/Institution that they had completed all requirements (including completion of internship) for the award of the Degree.
Nationality :

For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India
For other services, a candidate must be either :
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.

A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.

Age Limits :

(a) Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held.
(b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
(i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
(ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
(iii) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during a particular period
(iv) upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
(v) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or (iii) on invalidment.
(vi) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years Military Service as on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three month's notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
(vii) upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.

Personal Attributes :

The aspiring candidates are expected to have keen interest in the General Studies and are supposed to have a good amount of interest in current affairs. Regular and detailed reading of a good national newspaper, a standard competition magazine and a basic book on general knowledge is the essential pre-requisite. Another important point is efficient time planning.

Physical Standards :

Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination.

Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically disabled categories in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.

Number of Attempts:

Every candidate appearing at the Civil Services Examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted four attempts at the examination.

Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates who are otherwise eligible.

Provided further that the number of attempts permissible to candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes, who are otherwise eligible, shall be seven. This relaxation will be available to the candidates who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

Provided further that a Physically handicapped will get as many attempts as are available to other non-physically handicapped candidates of his or her community, subject to the General Category shall be eligible for seven attempts. The relaxation will be available to the physically handicapped candidates who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
20th December 2011, 05:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry to say that you are not eligible for IPS exam.Because you have completed your diploma Degree.Only graduate are applicable for IPS exam.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.
20th December 2011, 06:12 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to go for IPS service , then you need to appear in IPS exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year..

Eligibility for IPS exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.Candidates age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

4.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
So, after completion of diploma course you have to go for BE/B.tech course..
After which you can apply for IPS exam..

All the best.
20th December 2011, 08:08 PM
jjoshua1995
Member+

Smile Re: What qualification I need to do for IPS being a candidate having completed Diploma?

Quote:
SORRY GUY YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WRITE THIS IPS EXAM BECAUSE ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE COMPLETED THE DEGREE COURSE CAN WRITE THIS EXAMINATION.FOR MORE DETAILS GO TO THE WEBSITE LINKED BELOW

www.civilservice.in/
20th December 2011, 10:11 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Exclamation Re: What qualification I need to do for IPS being a candidate having completed Diploma?

Hello Friend,

UPSE exam is needed for Being IPS.

! I am sorry but the diploma holder can't be a IPS.
If you are interested in IPS so please complete your Graduate Degree Course.

! There is no minimum percentage is required for this Exam.
! The exam is conducted in two stages.

If you want more information then visit the official website

http://upsc.gov.in

So first of all Complete your Graduation Degree.

Best of Luck.
Sayyed Shahrukh
20th December 2011, 10:32 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

To become a IPS officer you must clear an exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) of india.

To appear in that exam you must have cleared your graduation first. Diploma candidates are not eligible for appearing in this exam. Your age limit must also be above 21yrs and below 30yrs.

If you are so stubborn in becoming an IPS officer do some graduation courses which would be very easy to clear so that you can prepare for your IPS exam.
21st December 2011, 01:20 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.P.S exam after diploma. If you you want to become I.P.S officer then you have to pass graduation from recognized university.

I.P.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass the graduation from recognized university.
> Age limit:-
For open category:-21-30year
For OBC category :- 21-33year
For ST/SC category:-21-37 year
> Number of attempts:-
For open category:- 4
For ST/SC category:-7
> Must be citizen of India.

ALL THE BEST!
24th December 2011, 11:46 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear,Diploma Candidates are Not eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become IPS Officer, So if your aim is to become IPS Officer then please complete your Graduate degree course first, Because only graduate candidates are eligible to apply for Civil services examination.

To apply for this examination you have to attained the age of 21 years and Not have attained the age of 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/Candidates.

There is No Minimum percentage is Required to apply for this examination.This examination is Conducted in 2 stages, Preliminary examination and Main examination. Preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination and all the conducted in same day, If you cracked this examination only then you are eligible for Main examination.The Examination is Conducted every year and the Notification will be declared on 04/Feb/2012 and the last date of apply for this examination 05/March/2012 and examination is held on 20/May/2012.

But you are Not eligible to apply for this examination Now,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?