18th June 2012, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

What qualifications are required for TET test in Orissa?

what qualifications required for TET test 2012-13 in orissa

28th July 2012, 02:01 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What qualifications are required for TET test in Orissa?

Graduation is one of the necessary qualifications required to apply for TET in Orissa. Only those who have scored 50 % marks can apply for the same. The other qualification required is B.Ed degree in which too 50% marks is essential to attend TET. 60% marks in Orissa TET is essential to become a part of the recruitment process for teaching positions. Candidates can apply for teaching posts in state government schools in Orissa based on TET score card.
13th August 2013, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

i am a native of orissa but i completed my total studies in ap state with b.se,b.ed .am i eligible for otet now
13th August 2013, 08:11 PM
srikanth2207

About OTET(2012-13):
The Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test (OTET) results, which were declared here on Wednesday, once again brought to the fore the quality of teachers at the school level.

Only 18% candidates cleared paper-1 meant for primary school, while 22% candidates cleared paper-2 for upper primary schools.

The OTET was introduced by the state in 2012 to improve the quality of teaching in schools. OTET certification is mandatory to become a teacher for classes I to VIII in any government school.

School and mass education minister Rabi Narayan Nanda, however, is happy with the result and said, "We are in a much better condition than other states. Poor result in teachers' eligibility tests has been a pan-Indian phenomenon. Even at the central level, the pass percentage is very low. But we are trying to improve the standard of teachers by improving the quality of teachers' training in Odisha."
------------------------------------------------------------------------->
The Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test Qualificaitons(OTET):
Candidates, who have passed diploma in education and dont their BEd are eligible to take the test. Clearing paper-1 is mandatory for those wishing to teach in classes I to V, while paper-2 is for those wishing to teach classes VI to VIII. Aspirants, who wish to get certified for classes I to VIII need to clear both papers. About 88,000 candidates appeared for the test across 216 centres in the state this year(2012-13). Last year, the success rate in papers 1 2 was 9% and 12% respectively.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?